Economic and Finance News
ISLAMABAD (March 08, 2012) - National Bank of Pakistan (NBP) and Standard Chartered Bank (SCB) have today announced financial results for the year ended December 31, 2011 according to which these banks have posted profits of Rs 17.60 billion and Rs 5.44 billion respectively.
KARACHI (March 08, 2012) - The Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) has issued some clarifications regarding the transactions between the brokers of the same stock exchange and asked stock exchanges to review their respective regulations for proprietary trading to remove any anomalies/inconsistencies therein to bring them in line with the spirit of the subject directive.
HONG KONG (March 07, 2012) - Banking giant HSBC has announced that it has agreed to sell its general-insurance businesses in Hong Kong, Singapore, Argentina and Mexico for around $914 million. The move is part of the bank's strategy to cut costs and focus on growth, HSBC Group Chief Executive Stuart Gulliver said in a statement to the Hong Kong stock exchange.
KARACHI (March 05, 2012) - Bank Alfalah Limited (BAFL) recorded Rs.3.5 billion in net profits in CY11, nearly 3.6 times higher than the previous year. BAFLs mark-up revenues jumped by 18 percent to Rs.44 billion in CY11 relative to the previous year although the detailed accounts are not available at the moment. It seems that the Bank has benefited from expansion in its asset base, stemming from growth in its investments portfolio.
KARACHI (February 23, 2012) - In line with market expectations, United Bank Ltd (UBL), the country's third largest commercial bank, managed to record outstanding growth in its bottom line in CY11 compared to the last year. The Banks mark-up revenues managed to exhibit an impressive growth, likely due to a massive expansion in its investment portfolio.
Recent Economic & Finance News
- FBR Partially Implements Taxpayer Ledger System
- Revenue Collection Increased by 27.4 percent in July-September 2011: FBR
- SECP Seeks Comments on Draft of Fertilizer Industry (Cost Accounting Records) Order, 2011
- Salient Features and Highlights of the Federal Budget 2011-12
- Highlights of the Economic Survey of Pakistan 2010-11
Accounting Profession News
ISLAMABAD (March 12, 2013) - ACCA Pakistan (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) and RCCI (Rawalpindi Chamber of Commerce and Industry) signed a Memorandum of Understanding last week to work together to support the business community by building its capacity and capability.
KARACHI (January 22, 2013) - Majority of Chief Financial Officers (CFOs) looking to appoint new staff for their businesses say they should ideally have both a breadth and depth of finance expertise and capabilities, a new report from ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) reveals.
KARACHI (February 12, 2013) - Institute of Business Administration (IBA) in collaboration with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP) has designed an innovative four-year programme of combining the undergraduate academic degree in Accounting and Finance with a professional Chartered Accountancy qualification.
KARACHI (January 7, 2013) - To highlight and champion the work of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) will be running a campaign throughout January 2013.
KARACHI (November 21, 2012) - ACCA Pakistan yesterday organised Accountants for Business Global Forum Pakistan 2012 at Marriott Hotel, Karachi. The event aimed to surface the challenges facing businesses and in particular the accountancy profession through an exciting mix of three panel discussions.
Recent Profession News
- Opportunity Exists for CPAs to Better Leverage Emerging Technologies: AICPA Survey
- Global Accountancy Body Discusses the Future of the Profession in Afghanistan
- ISACA and SFIA to Map CISA and CISM Certifications to Skills Framework for the Information Age
- AICPA Provides Ten Tax Tips For USA-based Small Business Owners
- Corporate Reports Still Hold Value to Stakeholders but Undermined by Length, Complexity: ACCA
Accounting Education News
ISLAMABAD (April 29, 2013) - ACCA Islamabad today held a launch ceremony for ACCA Foundation Diploma, the first in the series of launch events for the new diploma.
ISLAMABAD (February 11, 2013) - ACCA Islamabad recently organised a students appreciation event title 'Celebrating Achievement' in Islamabad. The event honored the nine high achievers of December 2011 and June 2012 sessions.
KARACHI (January 31, 2013) - Outstanding achievements by two students were recognised by ACCA during a recent visit of the Chief Executive of ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) to Pakistan.
KARACHI (October 02, 2012) - ACCA Pakistan organised Talent Gymnasium 2012 in Karachi at Pearl Continental, attended by key employers and more than three hundred ACCA students.
Recent Education News
- ACCA Pakistan Recognises 75 New Members
- ACCA Holds Ceremony to Honor Achievers of Recent ACCA and CAT Examinations
- AICPA, NASBA and Prometric Announce U.S. CPA Exam to be Administered in Brazil
- AICPA, NASBA and Prometric Announce Launch of U.S. CPA Exam at International Test Sites
- AICPA Recommends IRS Tax Return Preparer Competency Exam Focus on Basic Knowledge to Prepare Returns