Accountancy Forum

Full Version: ACMA Finalist worth ( ICAMP ) in Pakistan vs. CA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Can any body describe me, what opportunities available for ACMA finalist as compare to CA finalist? I know, ACMA is qualification of cost accounting. So, exact career will be in manufacturing industry to determine cost of manufacturing.

The major theme of CA is working as Auditor. No doubt, CA is most glamorous, attractive processional qualification (for students who want to study professional accounting qualification ) as compare to ACMA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA. CA would be first option for any student.

ACMA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA covers some objectives like

CFA covers Investment, Financial markets etc
CIMA/ACMA covers Cost and Management Accountings
ACCA/CA covers mostly Auditing side ( i guess )

So, I don’t want to do discussion, which one is better than other. I respect all.

My question is, what opportunities available for ACMA finalist at least in Pakistan ? I am want to propose ACMA to my younger brother. He is O levels student with business subject.

I wish, inshallah, He will go for CIMA after O Levels. Fortunately, ICAMP offering 18 subject exemptions at least to CIMA holders. After CIMA, brother can continue to ACMA final stage. He will have to pass 3 subject to become ACMA finalist in age of 20 years inshallah.

When he will be ACMA finalist, he can earn good money, support him self, can enter in CA. CA Inter is exempted for ACMA finalist by ICPA. So, I guess, it will good strategy for my brother career in Accounting and Finance.

I want to conclude the discussion with my query once again what opportunities available for ACMA finalist at least in Pakistan? Jobs, Pay Scale, facilities etc
wait wait,, i think that u ll nt get CA exemption if u r done CIMA and then ICMAP,, cuz ICAp does not allow exemption over exemption,,,, IF i m wrong , clear me ,,,,,,,,,,,
AOA

Thanks mansoor bahi for your feedback. I dono have any idea for ICAP policy for exemption over exemption. If you have any source for this info then it is my humble request to provide me source.

Movreover, theme of my posting was related to ACMA from ICAMP. if you have some experience on it then please share with me your valuable comments.

My Strategy inshllah would be for my brother

1. O Levels with Business Group Subject
2. CIMA after O Levels
3. Applying for ACMA after CIMA for Exemptions. ICAMP provides 18 exemptions out of 21 total sunjects in ACMA.
4. Pass remaining 3 subjects from ACMA to become ACMA fianlist.
5. Apply for Articles
6. Now i have two option to procees
6.1 Go for CA
6.2 Go for CFA

my brother will be inshllah secure after acquirng CIMA. He can get good job. I personaly work in Sharjah. So, he can good job in UAE.

Acquring ACMA will increase security level for his future. He can apply for any BPS 17 or higher jobs in goverment organization.

Now, If he apply for CFA then it would be fabolus deceion for whole life.

And if he want to donot wnat to go for CFA. he want CA then we need to check, ICAP provides exemptions over exemptions or NOT. what will be policy for such ACMA finalist ?

But you will admit, he might no need for CA as Accounting professional. He will already good qualification at that time inshllah.

He has whole life for CA. Earn from good job, study on own money, go for CA.

IT IS HUMBLE REQUEST TO YOU TO REPLY THIS QUESTION AT LEAST

What is worth of ACMA finalist from ICAMP at least. What are brigth propsoective opportunitive for ACAM holder ? Jobs, Pay level.

Can ACMA Finalist can apply for ARTICLES ?

Jaza Kallah
Assalam Alaikum
Dear Farhan Bro in Pakistan the economic conditions are not so enjoyable, Although Icmap finalist are getting jobs, but not very good salary (may be 10,000 to 15,000PKR per month for Fresh inexperience students) but it depends on Luck as well as on source.However, as experience increases it becomes much better...
Yes ACMA finalist can apply for ARTICLES.

Regards,
Dear Farhan
I also have a query that What is the worth of CImA in UAE job market (Specially for newly Qualified Inexperienced Candidate)?

Thanks
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by S.A.Shamsi</i>
<br />Assalam Alaikum
Dear Farhan Bro in Pakistan the economic conditions are not so enjoyable, Although Icmap finalist are getting jobs, but not very good salary (may be 10,000 to 15,000PKR per month for Fresh inexperience students) but it depends on Luck as well as on source.However, as experience increases it becomes much better...
Yes ACMA finalist can apply for ARTICLES.

Regards,
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Dear Mr. Shamsi

My you please tell me the worth of CIMA qualified in Pakistan????
Dear Farhan,

You seem to be quite confuse, do not get astonied! [8D]
You have asked too many questions but quite vaguely.

Let me explain! You want your brother to be entered into CMA profession, meanwhile, you are of the view that "CA is most glamorous, attractive processional qualification", similarly, you are also interested in comparision of CA & CMA, although you know that both of these qualifications are related to different field i.e. Management Accountancy and Audit.

Let me know whether;
- Why dont you let your brother be entered into CA profession, keeping in view its more worthy, as you wrongly perceived?
- What is the logic of comparision between apple and orange?
- Is it really your brother or yourself?[I]

Anyways,
Let me suggest you that your brother should enter into CA-ICAP or CMA-ICMAP,Provided he lives in pakistan, as members of both of these institutes become corporate leaders ultimately.

Lower limit of salary is around 30k-60k, which is subject to variation i.e. depends on the organization, location, personal attributes/capability/ingenuity, personality, fate, experience, conditions etc. However, there is no upper limit, it could be 250k to 1000k.

S.A.Shamsi, Your analysis is very vague.[8D]

Awais, Last year, i said (at this forum) that worth of ACCA qualified is just like a Dog, searching for a bone and atlast get succeed to have a "Bone". i further said that ICAP kisee bhee din ACCA ko Danda dene wala hai, and time proved my words as i perceived.

Similarly, CIMA is also going to have a "Big Danda" by ICMAP in near future.[D]

Lets count down.

Regards,

Boss.
In past ACCA has been used as stair to get the membership of ICAP. Now CIMA is being used for the purpose to get the membership of ICMAP on a thread one respectable member gave the suggestion to other member about easy way to get membership of ICMAP through short cut of CIMA.
Now CIMA offering same number of exemption to both the members of ICMAP and M.B.A's of different university. Some month ago I said that ICMAP should revise the MOU with CIMA. On the response a member gave an argument that at the signing of that MOU members and office bearers of ICMAP were very happy. I would like to say on this response that at that time CIMA was not offering same number of exemptions to M.B.A's of so called universities.

The fact is that education sector is big source of revenue in the economy of united kingdom please check statistics. In pne of my post I have given the statistics about the education sector of U.K and its economy but I have not received any reply from any student of CIMA or ACCA.
Dear Mr. Boss,

First of all, I am person with crytsal clear mind, I spend my life with vision. For your information, I work as Export Manager / Business Development Manager for USA based petro chemicals multinational trading company. Company pays me remarkable package. I travel frequently around the globe to develop company business. Attend confrences, exbitions, meet with people of diverse culture, taste cusines, shope a lot of stuff.

In past five years, i visited almost 5 continents ( Latin America, North America, Europe, Africa, Australia, Far East ). Inshllah, Sooner or later, i will start my own chemical business in abroad.

Do you think, So how can i interested in CA after such career Alhamulliah ?

I belong to middle class family. I am elder in my family. I have a vision for my brother. Support him until he complete his ACMA after CIMA. He can complete all this hopefully inshllah in the ge of 20.Then let him free to fly. Let him EARN moneny, Let him to study any accounting/finance professional course CA or CFA on own expense.

What you say about it ?

It Psychology of CAs, you are all so proudy, You think, you are doing supreme job and others are donkeys.
Brother, personally, I respect all professions like Engg, Medical, Accountancy, Law etc. These are all wheel of economy. Every body is playing his role best to move the wheel of economy.

For your information, CIMA and ICAMP, both bodies have agreement. They provide much exemptions to each other. If ICAMP, CIMA have no mutual objection then why you are objecting ? Keep your danda for own use.

It Psychology of CAs, you are all so proudy, You think, you are doing supreme job and others are donkeys.

Brother, personally, I respect all professions like Engg, Medical, Accountancy, Law etc. These are all wheel of economy. Every body is playing his role best to move the wheel of economy.

My post theme was not at all to compare ACMA vs CA. theme was, ACMA worth in Pakistan. while CA, ACCA, others have also market share.
Dear Shamsi bhai,

AOA,

I am working as Export Manager in USA based chemical trading company. So, basically, i am a sale person.

I am replying you on genneral observation. I saw jobs ads in Jang Sunday like local papers. Compaany offers 10,000 AED - 15 - 20, 000 AED for Accouting, Auditng, Finance professional.

A MBA from Pakistan/India/South Asian is getting here hardly 4000 AED. 3000 AED is normal.

Employers have so much options to hire qualified people. Package depends upon following

1. You are ARAB / Emarati national
2. You are Euro, USA, Japnese, Gora National
3. You are south Asian, Malysian, Philpino etc
4. What you qulification, Experience hold ?

Dubai is international city and business hub. Dubai is first step to settle in Europe, Canada, USA, Australia. So, people are willing to work at any cost.

So, I guess, ACCA, CIMA holders are getting excellent being UK qulification.

Jaza Kallah
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Boss</i>
<br />

S.A.Shamsi, Your analysis is very vague.[8D]

Well Kindly Mr. Boss tell me on which basis you say that my Analysis is vague????
I think your Information is nowadays Obsolete (Lower limit salary is around 30k-60k)....Can you tell me where in the market an Icma finalist is getting b/w 30k-60k???(except some cases where some source is applied for job)..
Update your Information , there are lots of my friends whom are Icmap finalist so, its easy for me to get latest position of Icmap job market....

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Boss</i>
Awais, Last year, i said (at this forum) that worth of ACCA qualified is just like a Dog, searching for a bone and atlast get succeed to have a "Bone". i further said that ICAP kisee bhee din ACCA ko Danda dene wala hai, and time proved my words as i perceived.

Similarly, CIMA is also going to have a "Big Danda" by ICMAP in near future.[D]
Regards,

Boss.

First of all dont use such language for anyone in this forum as this is a forum for Professionals and for Gentlemen So, Please Behave...

Secondly Icmap is no way near as compared with ICAP so, saying Icmap will give tough time to CImA is simply Unrealistic...

Mr. Boss
One more thing ,I forgot to tell you that I know a person who has recently Qualified ICMAP ,I was shocked to hear that he has just started a job for 10k PKR per month and that after 6 months ,it will be increased to 15k-20k PKR per month... See how much the situation in Job Market is bad nowadays (Specially for an inexperienced person).
Mr.Shamsi

You should very careful when you generalize the things. I know about an ICMA qualified who is earning 30k extra by teaching beside his job. Some month ago no coaching classes of CIMA were available in any accountancy colleges of Rawalpindi and Islamabad, especially of operational level. even in Skans classes were conducted on the availability of students of CIMA ( I don't know the situation in Karachi and Lahore but I believe that the situation was not different in these cities)

Now around fifteen students taking classes of management level of CIMA only one F-8 campus of Skans Islamabad. The are the beneficiaries of CIMA loot sale scheme.

You say that ICAP is better than ICMAP then why CIMA is not offering 11 exemptions to the ICAPINS???

What are the basis on which 11 exemptions are offered to M.B.A's???

This is the fact that service sector plays major role in the economy of U.K and education sector is also part of service sector.

Would you like to comment on the flight of ForEx from the country ???
)
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by awaisaftab</i>
<br />Mr.Shamsi

Would you like to comment on the flight of FnorEx from the country ???

Dear Awais Aftab bhai,

AoA, It is fault of ICAP, ICAMP to provide space in market to CIMA, ACCA. CIMA, ACCA provide opportunities to students to become accounting professionals in very younger age. With proper planning, Students may have these qualfication in the age of 20 years only at that time

When you CAs & ICAMPians starting its education.

it is dream of each parents to see their child as independent qucikly. While CIMA, ACCA offers also remarkable career abroad.

Just check past 10 year records of FOREX, What was value of UK Pound sertlings and Today Pound value is approx 140 PKR.

My question is We ( Pakistani ) are brilliant, talented people (No Doubt ). Why ICAMP, ICAP give admission on Martic/O Level basis to students with some conditions ? It is save our a lot of foreign reserve. I am not asking to decrease its quality education level.

Few years ago, ICAMP give admission on B.Com/BA/BSC basis only. But they are giving admission on intermediate basis. It is good step but not Enough.

I think, CAs and ACMAs should agree on this point so that CA and ACMA should be first choice for students rather than ACCA, CIMA

I think, following CA courses can be offered to such students who come from Matric/ O Level with Good Grades

Module A

Paper A1 Functional English
Paper A 2 Quantitative Methods

Module B

Paper B 3 Introduction to Economics and Finance
Paper B 4 Introduction to Financial Accounting

Module D

Paper D 12 Information Technology

ICAP can allow to study advance courses after passing these subjects.

It will save a lot of time of students, our preceious money who is remitting to UK. It also provide job opportunities for studnet.

Sooner or later, ICAP, ICAMP need to take this initiative.

Please comment
Pages: 1 2 3