Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Cash losses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Salam to every one,

Could any one guid me in this matter? I am manager account of a public company suffer severely with accounting losses calculated by using IASs, IFRSs and CO 1984. no for further capital injection CEO ask me to tell how much are the cash losses in the accumulated accounting losses.

What is a better way to do this among following
1) Add cash generation from operations from cash flow statements for the periods from where losses start to accumulate; or
2) Take accumulated losses from accounts and start mitigate the effect of non-cash item e.g. depreciation, deferred taxation, provision for gratuity or tax if it is adjusted with tax deducted at source; or

3) I take a percentage of non-cash items from a year and apply it on whole accumulated losses.

Do any one have another easy and reliable way to do this.

early reply will be highly obliged.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sohail kashif</i>
<br />Salam to every one,

Could any one guid me in this matter? I am manager account of a public company suffer severely with accounting losses calculated by using IASs, IFRSs and CO 1984. no for further capital injection CEO ask me to tell how much are the cash losses in the accumulated accounting losses.

What is a better way to do this among following
1) Add cash generation from operations from cash flow statements for the periods from where losses start to accumulate; or
2) Take accumulated losses from accounts and start mitigate the effect of non-cash item e.g. depreciation, deferred taxation, provision for gratuity or tax if it is adjusted with tax deducted at source; or

3) I take a percentage of non-cash items from a year and apply it on whole accumulated losses.

Do any one have another easy and reliable way to do this.

early reply will be highly obliged.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Hello,

You may also give picture of free cashflow to the company. The investors and top management are more familiar and interested in free cashflow. So this would be highly relevant.