Accountancy Forum

Full Version: How to Calculate Value addition for Manufecturer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear All

Kindly let me know that how can we calculate value addition for manufacture. Whats the formula for calculating value addition. Is there any SRO which drives value addition calculation.
http//www.2shared.com/file/G5u07vPE/Sales_Tax_Calculator_for_Admis.html
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by LapTop</i>
<br />http//www.2shared.com/file/G5u07vPE/Sales_Tax_Calculator_for_Admis.html
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Thank You Laptop bahi correct me as per Sales Tax SRO 647/2007 Manufacturer claiming raw material @ 18.5% are excluded from preview of Section 8B. This means no case of valueaddition?
S.R.O. 647(I)/2007.— In exercise of the powers conferred by the second proviso to sub-section (1) of section 8B of the Sales Tax Act, 1990, the Central Board of Revenue is pleased to direct that the registered persons specified in column (2) of Table below shall be excluded from the purview of the said sub-section–

1. Persons registered in electrical energy sector.
2. Oil marketing companies and petroleum refineries.
3. Fertilizers manufacturers.
4. Manufacturers consuming raw materials chargeable to sales tax at the rate of 18.5% or 21% provided value of such raw materials exceeds 50% of value of all taxable purchases in a tax period.
5. Wholesalers-cum-retailers operating in Chapter XII of the Sales Tax Special Procedures Rules, 2007.
6. Commercial importers provided the value of imports subjected to 2% value addition tax under Chapter X of the Sales Tax Special Procedures Rules, 2007, exceeds 50% of value of all taxable purchases in a tax period.
7. Person making zero-rated supplies provided value of such supplies exceeds 50% of value of all taxable supplies in a tax period.(sro.529-2008 )
8. Distributors and wholesalers.
9. Gas distribution companies.
10. Solvent extracting units of edible oils.( sro.713-2008)
11. Telecommunication Services. (sro.1234-2008)
12. Pakistan Steel ,Bin Qasim, Karachi. (sro.36-2009)

is SRO k tahat in logon par 8B ka itlak nahi ho ga.

Thank You Laptop Bahi

Tu conclude ker dai kay agar unit iss iss SRO(647/2007) mien fall ker raha hun tu kiya kai wooh valuaddition walay matter sai exempt hai. ya oss per value addition as prescribed by the board lazmi hain
Jo Categories SRO 647/2007 may mention hayn wo apna input 100% adjust kar sakty han.