Accountancy Forum

Full Version: salam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm a student n given my intermediate examinations and waiting for my results.well i have planned to do my B.Com and after that i wanna do ACMA from ICMAP.so i wannna ask that is there a job opportunity for ACMA's in banks?because i have to go for a long job to support my parents.so am i going for right path or i have to opt for some other field?
I decided to do ACMA because there is a good scope of ACMA in pakistan.so am i rite?plz give me advice whether i'm right or not?
bye
salaam

san
Although its a bit difficult for ACMAs to enter the financial sector as compared to CAs or MBAs, but there are several examples of ACMAs doing very well and reaching the upper echelons of of banks, especially the nationalised ones.

So i would advise you to work hard and not think too much about the distant future. This hard work you do now will eventually pay off when you hit the job market.

MBA(finance), DAIBP (diploma from bankers assoc. of pakistan), and if ur interest is in investment management n corporate banking, then CFA.
my personal opinion abt CFA is tht it has an edge over all other banking-related qualifications internationally.

FARHAN
Hi Mr. San,,, well if u wanna get job in bank,,, that will be a little bit difficult to beat MBAs or CAs being an ACMA,,, u better do MBA (Finance) to do so,,, as farhan said,,, ofcourse there are good opportunities for ACMAs here in Pakistan n in MiddleEast also,,, if u don't insist bank then I think u r goin on rite path,,, Best of Luck,,

Never look back If you wanna do something,,, but sometimes do it for ur heart,,,
Salam,

Well i believe if you have interest in financial sector> banks , then you have two short ways. one is the same the people in the forum are talking about ie MBA in finance and in my personal opinion, the other way is most suitable and which is to have some qualification from institute of bankers (http//www.ibp.org.pk) which will definitely give you a gr8 opportunity to enter into your desired field. it has been some years back when an even simple BCom pass student can join the banks, but the things are bit difficult now, anyways whichever way you walk, best of luck....

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Invest your hard work today for a success benefit tomorrow
hi

if u really want to join a bank (although i personally dont advise anyone to join it for islamic reasons) then it would be much better not to do CMA. go for MBA finance.

although CMA is an economical option but it is quite tough to do and there aren't really good opps for ACMAs compared to the hardwork they do to complete it.

regards

azeem