Accountancy Forum

Full Version: cash management
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi!
i am done mba(finance)so i do not study the IAS so kindly any can guide me how cash can manage according IAS or give reference about it
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Muhammad Rehman</i>
<br />hi!
i am done mba(finance)so i do not study the IAS so kindly any can guide me how cash can manage according IAS or give reference about it
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Assalam u alaikum...

dear Rehman..

First of all congratulations on completion of mba )
secondly, there is no particular IAS or IFRS dealing with cash. But certainly every IAS/IFRS includes guidance in reference to the subject matter of that particular standard.
You must maintain proper cash register to record the accurate balance of cash and apply the accounting keeping in mind the matter involving cash. If there is any standard dealing with the case you are going through, you should apply the guidance of that standard, but there is no particular standard dealing ONLY with cash. Most relative standard can be IAS 7 - cash flow statement.

Regards

Nabeel Munawar
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nabeel_m9</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Muhammad Rehman</i>
<br />hi!

Assalam u alaikum...

dear Rehman..

First of all congratulations on completion of mba )
secondly, there is no particular IAS or IFRS dealing with cash. But certainly every IAS/IFRS includes guidance in reference to the subject matter of that particular standard.
You must maintain proper cash register to record the accurate balance of cash and apply the accounting keeping in mind the matter involving cash. If there is any standard dealing with the case you are going through, you should apply the guidance of that standard, but there is no particular standard dealing ONLY with cash. Most relative standard can be IAS 7 - cash flow statement.

Regards

Nabeel Munawar

Dear Rehman!!
As in my openion, before studying IAS # 7 (Statement of Cash flow) You should identify that how much your cash consumption in operating, investing and financing activities because IAS # 07 is for Financial reporting purpose and will not provide you any guidance regarding managing cash day to day.

Moreover, Compare budget and actual cash consumption.making control and adequately and appropriately managing reconciliation in respect of banks and day to day transactions.

Thanks

Umar