Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Accountant versus Manager
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<font color=blue></font id=blue><font face='Comic Sans MS'></font id='Comic Sans MS'>
How do u think a good accountant proves to be a good manager?

Let's go beyond the Stars!
<b></b>
The truth is, many successful business owners dropped out of high school. We support self education, learning from successful mentors and reading the right books. You need to be in the right business and you need the right attitude. The more you learn, the wider your frame of reference. Learning is very important, but it is not a requirement to succeed in business. The only MBA that really counts is a Massive Bank Account. Many professors who tell you how to run a business and make money, have failed in business and have no money themselves. That's not true of them all, of course.

In winning streaks, the number of leaders multiplies along with the momentum of the streak. Winning teams and successful organizations become increasingly less dependent on the person called the commander-in-chief—even though, ironically, the same top managers are more likely to stay in place during winning streaks. As a pattern of success continues, many people at many levels take on leadership roles. Some of them are appointed to positions with leadership titles, some of them are self-appointed; and roles are passed around as the nature of the play changes.

My Destiny is within My Hands!!!
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
<font color=blue></font id=blue><font face='Comic Sans MS'></font id='Comic Sans MS'>
How do u think a good accountant proves to be a good manager?

Let's go beyond the Stars!
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

Through knowledge, skill, expertise and personality!

--------------------------
See Ya
-)
Visit www.accountancystudents.co.uk
yup...personality is the first requirement...knowledge is 2nd and expertise is the 3rd one...
but yaar on this forum I have find that the prospective accountants are lacking knowledge...because almost my every question related to tax and accounting remains unanswered...is that due to lack of knowledge?... or because everyone is converging towards "General Discussions"?...

Ace
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote> <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

Well, let me have my say...
Everybody is born manager... remember the time when first our mother gave us one rupee and we went to a store and saw a couple of things we wanted to buy... but remember we have one rupee... then our mind told us... choose the best one and we did it.. even though we didn't knew the concept of management at that time... but still we were managers at that time as we made a wise allocation of available resources by choosing the best...
when i was seven and was in school... i forgot doing my Homework and now i had a problem "how to deal with problem teacher who used to be a strict diciplinarian"... it was winter and i thought of having icecream and after that i stood out with my buddies for quite sometime in the cold weather and u know what "i was caught up by fever"... the prevailing danger of facing the teacher was now nowhere... at that time i had no idea what CRISIS MANAGEMENT is but still i made a wise decision.... didn't I?
when i was in high school i used to be captain of my colony cricket team .... i always went in the ground with 14 players at my disposal and my friends used to say " u r just trying to make an impression of being STEVE WAUGH by opting to come in ground with 14 as the rest of the three have no use at all" but u know wat, those three were most usefull ones to me as they kept all the team diciplined by inducing a threat that if anyone creates anarchy captain have three men sitting outside whom he can call upon anytime .... and we were the most diciplined team ... i hadn't gone through HRM or behavioual studies .... but u see ... i was still a good manager.... i can bring upon many other scenarios but i think its enough to proove everybody has an innate tendency of being a manager ........
Now an accountant ..... can he be a manager?.. Well, I say he's a manager.... first of "law of being manager by birth" applies to everybody irrespective of accountant or wateva person is and secondly accountant has also studied the same subjects what an MBA has studied... however there may be exceptions to it... but an accountant has all the basis needed to become a good manger.... and if there is something left there is no big mentor than life itself... wat life teaches is FIRST HAND...
Putting in the nutshell, Yes an accountant can be a pretty good manager...
Hope it suffice.......

tHe iMpulSe, Umair
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
[quote] <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

My dear friend... life's too cruel to give u chances of trying everything to pick the right roses up.
When we gotta enter into the brutal professionals' field, we gotta be well equipped to keep their teeth off us.
So, the thing I want to convey is... u need to streamline urself asap. or u r gona be ruined. (Hey! Don't take it personal)
A good accountant deals good with accounts but might not have that peculiar approach needed as being a manager, as he's never been upto managing the whole corporation, which certainly involves other complex issues.
This One brain of urs has a limit to confine things, especially when u already have stuffed it too much, like an accountant has vicious accounting, stuffed in his brain thingy.
The bottom line is... a good manager needs not to be specialized and restricted to one single field, like accounting. He's supposed to deal with bigger business, keeping the taste of every subject alive on his tongue!
Thanks for ur reply, pal.

dont say this mani ..i think all the questions asked from ur side..are answeres very well by the senior members....plz check ur past posts....
its another thing tht u never check ur own past post...bcz u r just trying to post as many as post u can...
no hard feelings..

Never seek advice from a Chartered Accountant. They are trained to find problems not solutions.
<font face='Verdana'>
salaam all,

i agree with many of u. but i think tht proper qualification shud not b undersetimated. no doubt, personality, attitude, n experience ve no substitute. but proper education earns u many advantages. so it is my number one recommendation.

if i learn a thing in 10 years of experience, u can learn it in just 10 minutes of reading in a chapter!!!

furthermore, education teaches u things in organized n systematic way, rather thn hard lessons in hit-n-trial way in the absence of education.

</font id='Verdana'>

FARHAN

live, n let live ...
Dear Wise Folks!
''Everything that's learnt is not in the books" and the good or bad whateva the experiences are, leave a more inspiring impression on us than the long goin' conventional books.
U may forget the contents of ur subjects but u may hardly forget One of ur wise or bad decision in a critical solution which won u or lost u something important.
This life's nothing but sharing experiences. The books, no matter provide u with a general and rational approach towards dealing things, but still things come out in a different way... always testing our potential to conjure a new and an 'appropriate' solution.
I do agree, professional studies count and give u an edge over other illiterate or unqualified persons, but still involving into a practical situation gives u a better approach towards anything in this world.
And one more quote "U can never judge the depth of sea, unless u dive inside it (even if I keep telling u about the nature of water and depth of sea, with a bunch of research papers about that sea).
What ya think!!!

Hi Mr. IceAxe!
UUuummm ! when u r talking abt "MANAGEMENT " Is a very broad term signifies that workdone through other people effectivwely and efficiently . Work d-one through other people within cost and time span. Simply speaking YARA more i am giving more productivity to my company in less cost and within TIME . i am a GOOD manager.

BUT but but ;;; Accountancy a field relating to "A record of day to day activities simply say.

www.geocities.com/samadsh