Accountancy Forum

Full Version: components of basic salary n salary as per rules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
aslamoalaikm to all
its my 1st post in this forum.
i wanna know abt the components of basic salary n salary as per rules. the confusion is abt inclusion of clause a of subsection 2 of section 12 of ITO 2001.if it is included in badic salary then basic salary will include bonus commission fee gratuity leave pay payment in lieu of leave etc.will anyone plz fix this problem ?
allah hafiz

zaka
hi...basic salary includes ur basic pay+allowances(that makes ur retirement benefits)
salary as per rules will include the above calculated amount + bonus +commission...

Ace
AOA

'Salary inculdes basic salary, bonus, overtime, commission, fee, leave encashment and every allownce which forms part of salary while computing post employment benefits'

This definition is useful for Rule 5, which requires that when unfurnished accomodation is provided then amount to be included in salary will be lower of 45% of basic salary or 15% of 'salary'. Now here Salary will be according to para 1, in other words 'Salary less perqs'

For ultimate computation of salary all the perqs form part of salary.

thanks Ali Akbar...

Ace
AOA

'Salary inculdes basic salary, bonus, overtime, commission, fee, leave encashment and every allownce which forms part of salary while computing post employment benefits'

This definition is useful for Rule 5, which requires that when unfurnished accomodation is provided then amount to be included in salary will be lower of 45% of basic salary or 15% of 'salary'. Now here Salary will be according to para 1, in other words 'Salary less perqs'

For ultimate computation of salary all the perqs form part of salary.

what is para 1...

Ace
ya

Para 1 means Paragraph # 1 in my previous message.

will u plz mention this para one...
otherwise what can we understand about this para...
para one of which story or law....

Ace