Accountancy Forum

Full Version: can Local student get job in UK!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
AOA Dear all !
Mr shoaib has cleared most of the question that were in my mind. my ?n is that if a student qUALIFIES ACCA from pakistan . and then apply for a position that is vaccant in UK . Tell me could he got job in uk . ?
2)how many experience does he need?
3)how many chances for getting job in local market (PKN) after qualifing ACCA . ? (Ref. MBA(iiui,) ACCA)

Looking forward for cooperations !
Regards
www.geocities.com/samadsh

A-Samad.
2)- Depends upon the Requirements of the job which are advertised...
3)In UK there are many jobs available for a ACCA Qualifed as there it is regarded as an Equvilant to ICAEW.........

The Scope and Pay Scale available for ACCA qualified in UK is much greater than In Pakistan .

«·´`·.(*·.¸(`·.¸ ¸.·´)¸.·*).·´`·»
«.......... S w a l a t ..........»
«·´`·.(¸.·*(¸.·´ `·.¸)*·.¸).·´`·»

OK thanks SWALAT ! Thanks for your answer but can u tell me that during ACCA how much pay package be given to ACCA(partly qualified)
2) After qualifieng ACCA How much pay package can i expects / demands ?

Reply me ....
Regards
www.geocities.com/samadsh

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
2)- Depends upon the Requirements of the job which are advertised...
3)In UK there are many jobs available for a ACCA Qualifed as there it is regarded as an Equvilant to ICAEW.........

The Scope and Pay Scale available for ACCA qualified in UK is much greater than In Pakistan .

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

A-Samad.
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote> OK thanks SWALAT ! Thanks for your answer but can u tell me that during ACCA how much pay package be given to ACCA(partly qualified)
2) After qualifieng ACCA How much pay package can i expects / demands ?

Reply me ....

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

If u r Talikng into pakistani salary then during articles u will earn 2500-3000 Rs and after completing articles abt 15000-20000 Rd . If u talking abt Uk Job Market Then A detailed Survey can be found in the following sites. Hope the Following links Will help u .

www.hays.com
www.reed.co.uk
www.fish4jobs.co.uk

Ur Comments........

hi...i have seen the monthly magzine of ACCA...on the last pages some attractive jobs with very handsome salaries are mentioned every month...
how many of those jobs are occupied by Pk students?

Ace
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote> how many of those jobs are occupied by Pk students?

Is this a question or a statement.......

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

In UK there are many jobs available for a ACCA Qualifed as there it is regarded as an Equvilant to ICAEW.........

This is certainly not true.

Thats not a statement bcaz of my Personal Expereince but i have been told by members of some other forum. So is there also differense btw Demand of ICAEW aNd ACCA qualified In UK.......

That was my starting point of thread and UK members completely disregarded my statement and ensured that they R Equivilant. Looking for ur Comments...

Thanks.........

Thats not a statement bcaz of my Personal Expereince but i have been told by members of some other forum. So is there also differense btw Demand of ICAEW aNd ACCA qualified In UK.......

That was my starting point of thread and UK members completely disregarded my statement and ensured that they R Equivilant. Looking for ur Comments...

Thanks.........

After consulting with couple of my friends, who work for Big 4 in London, they all said ACCA is not equivalent to ACA. They also said that if they were equivalent then why not Big 4 train their trainee graduates for ACCA?

Since I am myself not an accountant so don't know much about both qualifications in much depth but I have always heard that they are not equivalent and that one is superior is from other - I think we all know which one is considered more prestigious.

Regards
DT

This doesnt guarantee that ACA is superior than ACCA. AS now a days he big 4 are shifting frm ttraining ICAEW candidates and r now preffering ICAS........

Now this also dont guarantee that ICAS is better ICAEW but we all know that its ICAS frm where all this Accountancy began.......

ACA is superior to ACCA...
just compare them with ord. degrees...
ACA is equivalent to Phd in India...
also in pakistan 2 months ago some officers were appointed through pcs exams...for that posts Phds and ACAs were required...
but ACCA is even not equivalent to graduation...u can make is sure from hec...

Ace
in response to the above posts

there is a high demand for QUALIFIED/SKILLED/EXPERIENCED ACCOUNTANTS in UK. A person who has got any CCAB qualification with few years experience and who KNOWS what he does can EASILY get a job in UK.

my friends when we talk about the market of PROFESSIONAL qualifications we dont compare them rather we compare their OUTPUT in the market. we analyse the "+s" and "-s" of the members of those bodies.

there is NO doubt that ACCA and CA-EW are considered at par in this country but at the same time there is no doubt that CA-EW is considered prestigious. it is very much like ISLAM where it says MEN and WOMEN are equal but when we talk about Islamic Inheritance Law we fail to understand this equality. When we look at the picture in totality we realise that IN TOTALITY men and women are equal which means in some places MEN have an edge over WOMEN and in some places women are considered superior. we CANNOT deduce conclusions without looking at the WHOLE picture.

CA-EW is an old ESTABLISHED institute which follows a more TRADITIONAL approach. ACCA is more dynamic and fast moving. we cant say that one qualification is superior to another just because WE hold that qualification......believe me i m not trying prove ACCAs equality just because i m an ACCA..........this is the TRUTH.

ICAEW/CIMA and CIPFA's proposed merger explains the story of what is happening inside these institutes. ACCA is growing and growing like anything. if u happen to look at the market survey reports on the links my friend posted earlier in this thread you would notice an increase in ACCAs rate and a decline in CA's market rate. what does that mean???

definitely it doesn't mean that ACCA is superior to CA-EW instead it means the MARKET trend is shifting towards ACCA because of its OUTPUT in the market.

kind regards

"You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now."
in response to the above posts

there is a high demand for QUALIFIED/SKILLED/EXPERIENCED ACCOUNTANTS in UK. A person who has got any CCAB qualification with few years experience and who KNOWS what he does can EASILY get a job in UK.

my friends when we talk about the market of PROFESSIONAL qualifications we dont compare them rather we compare their OUTPUT in the market. we analyse the "+s" and "-s" of the members of those bodies.

there is NO doubt that ACCA and CA-EW are considered at par in this country but at the same time there is no doubt that CA-EW is considered prestigious. it is very much like ISLAM where it says MEN and WOMEN are equal but when we talk about Islamic Inheritance Law we fail to understand this equality. When we look at the picture in totality we realise that IN TOTALITY men and women are equal which means in some places MEN have an edge over WOMEN and in some places women are considered superior. we CANNOT deduce conclusions without looking at the WHOLE picture.

CA-EW is an old ESTABLISHED institute which follows a more TRADITIONAL approach. ACCA is more dynamic and fast moving. we cant say that one qualification is superior to another just because WE hold that qualification......believe me i m not trying prove ACCAs equality just because i m an ACCA..........this is the TRUTH.

ICAEW/CIMA and CIPFA's proposed merger explains the story of what is happening inside these institutes. ACCA is growing and growing like anything. if u happen to look at the market survey reports on the links my friend posted earlier in this thread you would notice an increase in ACCAs rate and a decline in CA's market rate. what does that mean???

definitely it doesn't mean that ACCA is superior to CA-EW instead it means the MARKET trend is shifting towards ACCA because of its OUTPUT in the market.

kind regards

"You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now."

Khan Sahb thanks for clearing the views abt these qualifcations and

Per Accountancy Age

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>The ICAEW, CIPFA and CIMA have held discussions about a possible merger of the three institutes, in a move that could create the UK's largest accountancy body.

All three institutes confirmed this week that they had been involved in 'exploratory' consolidation talks, although there is so far no indication of a proposal to put before members.

A merger between the three institutes would create a body of 200,000 members in more than 100 countries, putting it in a much better position to compete internationally with the ACCA. Neither the ACCA nor ICAS have been involved in discussions.

CIPFA chief executive Steve Freer said this week that the institutes had been reviewing their strategies in light of recent changes in the profession, and that consolidation discussions had 'inevitably' taken place.

'It is too early to say if this will lead to consolidation within the profession. That certainly is a possibility, and clearly it might make sense from a public interest perspective. But we know from past experience that these things take time to put together and the devil is always in the detail,' he said.

The ICAEW also confirmed that talks were under way. 'Consolidation could be an accelerator to achieving key goals, but it is not an end in itself, nor is it the only route available. The ICAEW's own development programme is progressing in parallel with these talks,' a statement read.

Charles Tilley, CIMA's chief executive, said 'Consolidation would be an excellent thing as long as it enhances the strengths of the three bodies.'

If a merger were to go ahead, it would mark the next step in the overhaul of the accountancy profession, after the transformation of the regulatory framework under the reformed Financial Reporting Council.

It also marks the formation of a consensus that a more unified training market is in the public interest.

ACCA president John Brace reacted by calling the talks a 'back-door' merger driven by difficulties the institutes face in recruiting new students.

'It is a reaction to the massively higher growth rate of ACCA, which has doubled in size since 1996 and now has 320,000 members and students around the world,' said Brace. <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

For information the following pdf files are of the correspondence sent to CIPFA members and students regarding the merger talks.

http//www.accountancystudents.co.uk/files/cipfa/CIPFA_Merger.pdf

http//www.accountancystudents.co.uk/files/cipfa/CIPFA_Merger_Press_Statement.pdf

I hope they will help u explainm a bit abt merger......

Edited by - swalat on Dec 31 2004 70950 PM
oye swalat kahin tu khan sahab ko makhan tou nahin laga raha...

Ace
waisay Azeem shahib...make one thing clear to us...u are khan sahib or shah g...

Ace
Pages: 1 2 3