Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Forum needs some immediate updation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First of all i wil press for the need of a moderator of this forum.

Sumaan was doing well until her post in august that she'll go for a while and then no news of her.

Our admin claims that the forum is currently being moderated and is sweeped on a fortnightly basis. Do you think that moderation on fortnightly basis is enough for a forum at this level... NO

With respect to the absence(in fact disapearance) of the moderator we can see that the atmosphere of this forum has changed, there are several useless discussions and quarrels in which members get personal (including me i admit that) and spoil the quality of this form.

Take the member 'sohana' for example almost all of her posts are unintelligible and full of mere stupidity, only one warning from the admin or the moderator and she will be on the right track.

Other than that some of our new members (maani and Swalat) are flodding the forum, take swalat for instance 185 posts and less than a week, where do all these posts go.

And finally my advise for software updation.

<ul>
<li> A new option for a poll should be added, If one needs a general opinion then insted of posting, members can vote, and the result will be much more evident </li>

<li> MEMBER LEVEL new members are more interested in increasing the stars and their status, rather than writing some quality.

So i advise that a system should be adopted in which the member level should be determined with respect to <b>number of posts and membership period.</b>

When checking the members list maani is above than derivativetrader and sarfaraz, so do you think that he is much more senior than these two No way, and in few days maani will cross Guybrush(adam of this forum) and smraza(probably noah).

So can one acknowlegde it. If the membership level is based on membership period too, then this flooding will stop. </li>

<li> Inactivity of admin Atleast the admin should participate once or twice in a week, while the moderator is away, Imagine a karachi without traffic police(the loyal ones)</li>
</ul>

I second the motion.

-------------------------
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I second the motion.

-------------------------
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

The need for a poll is a immediate Issue.....

And it can solve most of our problems.....

The moderator can be decided and picked through Poll by members... And it can give a rise to some interesting Discussion.....

And if as u r stating that new members are just increasing there posts than inc me, then ur suggestion abt deciding the member level according to both Membership Period and posts seem to be a good option, but then i dont htink that still the new ones inc me as u suppose will stop posting out here in the regular pace....

And why will someone want to check the seniority of the members through the members lsit and as i suppose on there it is clearly evident that members are rated here according to the number of posts... and any regular poster and net surfer knows that the number of posts shows Quantity not Quality... And of course level of Quality cant be determined easily..... And i hope that ur Suggestion can solve this problem if any,,,,.

And i think that although Admin needs to be active in this forum but if we can arrange for a moderator than i think it will resolve some if not all of our problems .....

Thanks Apocalyose............

«·´`·.(*·.¸(`·.¸ ¸.·´)¸.·*).·´`·»
«.......... S w a l a t ..........»
«·´`·.(¸.·*(¸.·´ `·.¸)*·.¸).·´`·»

hi...Apocalypse...i think sending posts frequently is not a bad thing...it will be bad if posts contains vulgarity and stupidity as u mentioned...

Ace
so updates have done...Apocalypse...r u happy now...now nobuddy is senior and no buddy is junior...we are now posters only...like heavy posters and regular poster...

Ace
<font color=blue><b>Dear Apocalypse

The forum is heavily moderated and all posts are reviewed daily by us, however the sweep up process is conducted on a fortnightly basis.

The older members should understand that with the advent of new members each day, the forum is bound to seem crowded to them. We also keep a strict eye on what each member is posting and their posting habits. There have been several instances in which members have been warned through private messages for postings which do not conform to forum guidelines. If they still continue, then they are publicly warned and harsher measures are taken if required.

We would like to remind our members that the membership level/stars are just a count of the number of messages posted and should not be followed religiously. The members themselves understand who seems a quality poster by going through the contents of their posts.

Thank you for the suggestions. You would be glad to know that we have been conducting in-house tests of several new features for the forum and for Accountancy as a whole which would be implemented in due time.
</b></font id=blue>

so Apocalypse...admin is in action now...no need to worry now...

Ace
Reading this artile By Admin i could see some Nice Features On the Go..... Plz also consider the My Pinning Request... And just noticed now Member Titles have also been changed,,, and i think this will resolve some of the Confusion As narrated by Apocalyse. Thanks.......

"You would be glad to know that we have been conducting in-house tests of several new features for the forum and for Accountancy as a whole which would be implemented in due time"

plz explain it yaar swalat...

Ace
This forum is run actually on the Snitz Software.. And it really lacks some imp Features, Like pinning option and polls so i think that The Admins of the forum are conducting the Integration Tests of these type of Features that are they compatible with the existing Software or not.

yup...these days another forum www.accountant.yix.org
is also in the process of update...and during that update process it is not available...so is the same thing going to happen with this forum...

Ace
I hope thats not the case here..... And one more request plz also introduce avatars and Personal Messages.....

Thanks....

There is one mor forum www.accountancystudents.co.uk/forums which was also not available bcaz of updates , and i hope thats not the case here thoguh.......

so plz dont ask them for updates...other wise iss k saath bhi wohi ho ga

Ace
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
so plz dont ask them for updates...other wise iss k saath bhi wohi ho ga

Ace
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

Dua karo bhai ke is ke saath yeh na ho... Leken is forum ko Immediate updation ki Zaroorat to hai..... Dont u agree.......

The website www.accountant.yix.org is created by Arslan Shahid using ipb free forums, and we have observed that he is no progammer so he was lucky to manage it uptill now.

But this site is under the care of professionals so you cannot expect the same here, so dont worry and continue posting as much as you Can!

p.s maani and sawalt if you are intersted then even you can create your own forum, as the bozo Arslan Shahid did just visit http//www.ipbfree.com/index1.php?

Pages: 1 2