Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Pet Cat Cloned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http//www.cbc.ca/story/science/national/2004/12/23/clone-kitten-041223.html

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote> SAN FRANCISCO - The first cloned-to-order pet sold in the United States has been delivered to a Texas woman, who paid $50,000 US to have a kitten created from the DNA of her dead cat. <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote> Animal-rights activists and others condemned Genetic Savings and Clone, pointing out that thousands of unwanted cats are euthanized each year in the United States.

"It's morally problematic and a little reprehensible," said David Magnus, co-director of the Centre for Biomedical Ethics at Stanford University.

"For $50,000, she could have provided homes for a lot of strays."<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

This freaks the hell out of me. I'm against cloning myself. I understand there are advantages to it, but it flys in the face of nature.

---------------------------------------------
If I could... Then I would... Turn back time!!
This does sound a little creepy, but I don't see how it's any more unnatural than jet airplanes or digital cameras.

-------------------------
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
The only thing I understood is that.
There is nothing natural or innatural now.
Nature is transfaring its powers to man.
To create, to distroy, To kill, To feed,and To change.

========================
```*``` I love stars;
*`*`*`* Shining;
`*`*`*` and Smiling;
*`````* Always.
------------------------
Shahid_fss@yahoo.com
http//www.shahid-fss.tk
========================
it depends upon ur skills

mfarrukh.