Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Information about CFA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i want to get information about CFA from anyon who is doing or has done CFA. i want to know that how its preparation could be started as i am also doing a job. is there any coaching center for this in lahore. i shall be gratefull to whome who will guide me.

Please check

www.cfe.edu.pk

for more information.

Imran
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by shahzada</i>
<br />Please check

www.cfe.edu.pk

for more information.

Imran
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Shahzada,

I don't think CFE offers any couching on Chartered Financial Analyst programme.

DT
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by hina</i>
<br />i want to get information about CFA from anyon who is doing or has done CFA. i want to know that how its preparation could be started as i am also doing a job. is there any coaching center for this in lahore. i shall be gratefull to whome who will guide me.

Hina,

For the answer of your first question, please visit www.cfainstitute.org

DT
Hello hina

as far as i know, there arent any institutions which provide tuitions of CFA, so one has to do most of the studies themselves. What one does in this sort of a situation is that they join a study group either physically or through email and carry out their preparations through it. This is especially the method of choice for ppl who are working.

Although still havent made up my mind, I am thinking of attempting CFA-I this december. Too bad there arent any exemptions for us CA guys in CFA. [)] but anyways.

Level I covers economics, finance, investments related accounting,
and introduction to assest valuation.
Level II covers valuation of securites, debt, and derivatives, and
advanced accounting re investment.
Level III covers portfolio management(individual & institutional) hedging (advance derivatives), investment performance evaluation and presentation.
Each Level has an ethics and quantitative methods (advance statistics) which gets progressively difficult with each level.

The CFA Program is postgraduate

To register in the CFA Program, an applicant must

Have a US bachelor's degree or comparable non-US degree. The degree requirement is self-reporting. An applicant must receive a bachelor's degree no later than 31 December of the current examination year to qualify for entrance into the CFA Program.

Registration & Enrollment Fees
Applicants pay an initial registration fee upon entering the CFA Program. In addition to the initial registration fee, applicants are required to pay an enrollment fee for each examination. New registrants pay both the registration and enrollment fees. Returning candidates pay only the enrollment fee.

2003 REGISTRATION AND ENROLLMENT FEE SCHEDULE
Total fee around $525

u need to buy ur own books and specific calculator which almost cost some $500

Answering Such querie Sumaan Stated
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">CFA or Chartered Financial Analyst (www.aimr.org) too is an American originated qualification known worldwide... CFAs practice in Investment Companies, Insurance sectors, etc etc... The official statistics are as follows

Investment Companies 25%
Investment Banks 19%
Investment Management Counselling Firms 14%
Banks 13%
Consulting Firms 6%
Insurance Companies 5%
Others 18%

The study of CFA is more like that of an Actuary.

In pakistan, only CAMS is offering all the assistance abt CFA. access there website at www.cams.edu.pk .

Plz visit this link.
http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=613

---------------------------------------------
If I could... Then I would... Turn back time!!
Hi Hina and all,

CFA Level I classes are being offered by CFE at Lahore. They are in New Garden Town.

Please find below the extract of their brochure.

Center of Financial Excellence (CFE) has been imparting quality education in the fields of accountancy and finance, for the past few years. CFE has been primarily focusing on ACCA (UK), CAT (UK) and CA (Pak.) qualifications and enjoys an excellent reputation for their commitment in the field of education. In regard to this commitment and quality we give to our students, we have already been given an ‘Accredited Education Provider’ status by ACCA UK.

As a next step in continuing our efforts to promote higher professional qualifications and provide coaching facilities of highest standards to our students, we proudly announce launching of CFA classes at our campus. CFA being the only supreme qualification in the field of Financial and Investment Management is administered by Chartered Financial Institute (formerly Association of Investment Management and Research), USA. Comprising of three levels, examination of CFA is conducted in June each year.

The course is offered for level I initially and is especially designed for June 2005 attempt. Whole course is supervised and delivered by qualified CFA’s, CA’s and Economists. Classes will be commencing Monday, 31 January 2005 and are scheduled in evening from 600 pm onwards and will be conducted 5 days a week.

In this regards an orientation session is organized on Thursday, 27 January 2005 at 600 pm. During this session an outline of the syllabus along with the introduction of the faculty and our approach towards the delivery of course and other study materials (that will be made available to CFE students) will be discussed.

Contact persons

For information
For registrations/Admissions

Mr. Sajjad A. Shamsi, CFA, ACCA, CISA, CIA, CFM
Course Manager-CFA

Mr. Mansoor Ahmad
Operations Manager

p.s. I personally know the course manager and and faculty members at CFE. They are really good