Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Cleaning Up This Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings everyone,

I have <b>asserted</b> my <b>intentions</b> to <b>return</b> <b>this forum back to a place of civil intellectual discussion and learning</b>. The level of quality has dropped within the last couple of months while the amount of insulting, arrogance, and outright malevolence has increased.

I never intended to make enemies out of anyone. Yet, in order to have a friendly objective community there must be someone enforcing the rules. Why? Because there are people who will not obey them; people who will not listen to a friendly suggestion to not be a complete and utter bad words.

I said it was coming...and it's here <b>Judgement Day</b>. Your judge and jury is Admin. I am the plaintiff on behalf of the member base which has issued complaints.

Before I make the complaints to Admin, I am going to define <u>what will redeem</u> you from the rules and give you time to improve. This is an agreement you are free to enter into.

Redemption #1 <b>Thou shalt not be angst.</b>
--No flaming, no insults, no personal attacks, no hating the person over the position on an issue or over their opinions.
--Talk about the issues, not about the people.
--Debate as a student and do your best to follow the etiquette (fallacies.)

Redemption #2 <b>Thou shalt not be pompous</b>.
--Do not act offended, surprised, or shocked at the perspectives of others.
--If someone makes a mistake unwittingly and you jump down their throats, you are guilty of arrogance.
--Unbias your topic titles. Make them Clear.

Redemption #3 <b>Thou shalt not be stubborn</b>.
--If you make a logical error and change your perspective by realizing it, you will make everyone proud.
--Listen to each other.
--If you refuse to change your mind when you are proven wrong and given time to think about it, you have failed this plank.

Redemption #4 <b>Treat others as you wish to be treated</b>.
--No double-standards. If you're rude or vulgar, expect it in <b>return</b>.
--No retaliating against <b>forum</b> justice (trying to get others banned for disciplining you, etc.)

Redemption #5 <b>Repent, Forgive, and Forget.</b>
--Apologize to persons you have offended.
--Forgive persons that have offended you.
--Let go of grudges.

If any of you will do these things, I will not hold your flaws against you. I am not perfect, but I am committed to values.

<b>Sign this thread with full acknowledgement that you understand and will comply with this standard of conduct.</b>

I am taking responsibility for your actions. If Admin wants to punish anyone *who follows my agreement* he can punish me and me only. You have nothing to fear from Admin as long as you are trying to be a good debater, because I will arbitrate for you and keep you from being butterfaced, blammed, and banned.

<b>Abandoning the agreement means I will never take up for you again.</b>

The rest of you, who do not enter this agreement, are condemned to the rules. You are under them and you will suffer your own punishment for breaking them. I will hunt you down and get you banned for being a flamer.

In order to make this agreement official, Admin has to make a decision. From that point on, the <b>rules will be enforced</b>. When you (who sign this thread) cross the line, I will take the heat and talk to you about what you did.

Now, let's get this <b>forum back</b> on the right track.

---------------------------------------------
If I could... Then I would... Turn back time!!
The only way to
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">get this forum back on the right track.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

is mentioned in your signature

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">If I could... Then I would... Turn back time!!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Just to clarify some terms that are <b>important </b> to remember here.

<b>pom·pous </b> ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pmps)
adj.
Characterized by excessive self-esteem or exaggerated dignity; pretentious pompous officials who enjoy giving orders.
Full of high-sounding phrases; bombastic a pompous proclamation.
Chracterized by pomp or stately display; ceremonious a pompous occasion.

<b>ar·ro·gant </b> ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-gnt)
adj.
Having or displaying a sense of overbearing self-worth or self-importance.
Marked by or arising from a feeling or assumption of one's superiority toward others an arrogant contempt for the weak. See Synonyms at proud.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Desert Sleet</i>
<br />Just to clarify some terms that are <b>important </b> to remember here.

<b>pom·pous </b> ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pmps)
adj.
Characterized by excessive self-esteem or exaggerated dignity; pretentious pompous officials who enjoy giving orders.
Full of high-sounding phrases; bombastic a pompous proclamation.
Chracterized by pomp or stately display; ceremonious a pompous occasion.

<b>ar·ro·gant </b> ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-gnt)
adj.
Having or displaying a sense of overbearing self-worth or self-importance.
Marked by or arising from a feeling or assumption of one's superiority toward others an arrogant contempt for the weak. See Synonyms at proud.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"> i secoind ur motion and likewise i have signed this thread

-------------------------
"You say you hate me,And i know that it is true,But why cant i stop thinking of you"
I shall try my best to answer everyone's comments and clarify what is not understood at this point.

If you enter this agreement, then when you break the redemptions or Admins rules, Admin punishes me not you. Admin does not want to enforce the rules to the point where anyone feels discouraged from expressing his/her opinion. Admin knows he can whip me into shape without me giving him any lip about it. In response, I will privately message you with A) what you did quoted and B) what rule violation it convicted me of.

The moderators will be suspending ME, not you. So if they believe you are trying, they won't come after me.

No one can obey the rules perfectly, not even me. That's why you need someone to take the heat for you who can; someone willing to take punishment. This way, when you make a mistake, you'll be informed and because I took the fall for you...you will be inclined not to do it again, or often. You can be as obnoxious as you are, but you will know it hurt me.

I think this'll work...because if Admin suspends me over and over and over and over again because of what you do, and you don't have me telling him every time that you are improving then I believe Admin will ban you entirely.

There is no excuse to ignore this opportunity, so if you do ignore it I hope you are perfect and do not whine or moan about your own discipline. Whatever Admindoes to me is what he will also do to everyone who refuses to enter this agreement. I won't offer myself as arbiter otherwise.

Now I'm gonna name names. Saki, Sohana and Saki and Bilal. I am calling you out because you are the most obstructive to intelligent debate that I have noticed. I have given you the chance to be above the rules as long as you try to set a good example by following the Redemptions. No one has to be perfect. If you don't have a chip on your shoulder then you'll pass with flying colors.

Most of you have, in essence, said "Go to hell. I'm perfect." What good will that do when Admin starts suspending me for the actions of people who enter this agreement? Do you think Admin will treat you differently knowing that you could have merely agreed and been idemnified from punishment? I don't think so.

You can curse me, accuse me, and insult me all you like. I'm still willing to take the punishment for your behavior as long as you are trying to improve. How can I be arrogant if I'm willing to take your punishment? Does that mean I hate you?

The offer remains open to everyone.

Why am I doing this? I am determined to change the rigid ideas of some ppl, and in order to do that the internet needs a forum devoted to objective debate. The people who pick up my philosophy years from now will need a mechanism of discovering how it works; this is the only way that can happen. Plus, it leaves room for people of any ideology to discuss the issues. But flamers will not have a haven here.

if u people started cleaning up the forum so how could new people come

mfarrukh.