Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Guidance Required
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all well i just wanted guidance from u all seniors... having done my ACCA i now have two options in which i can excel my career.
1. Get a job in a private sector and start my CFA
2. Join any big 4 and do CA.

According to your knowledge and vast experience which one do you think is better in the long run for a career growth.

and please no open ended answers ) be specific in ur answers with reasons ) all questions carrry equal marks D

Thanks

Muqtader Abbas Shah
Dear muqtader

I don’t thing that I m senior………..but I would like to suggest one thing……..

If you have time , financial suppost & intrest to grow in audit then join one of the big three firm…..& start ur practice in audit ..after a year……..then U should do CISA……..Y…..?

Because u ve already taken globally recognized professional accountancy Certificate. If u wanna grow in short term immediately as well as in long term then u should do CISA that will add more value on ur CV , ur skills & provide broad & specialized job area…….i.e audit…..if u want to know further about y CISA then read my post “Auditors.......It is for you only........!!! “

Y u should not do ACA!..If u do ur article from Big firm that will add value with ACCA..It does not mean ACA will not add value but it is parallel to ACCA after having article from Bid three……

If u ve interest in capital & money market etc..& competency to do CFA then do it... this is the best & better then my first suggestion…….

Regards

Kh. Ehrar Ul Hasan
APA,ACMA,CIA(Usa),MA(Eco),CIMA(Inter),IBP-Stage-I & II (Only Sky is the limit.$$$.....)
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by muqtader</i>
<br />Hello all well i just wanted guidance from u all seniors... having done my ACCA i now have two options in which i can excel my career.
1. Get a job in a private sector and start my CFA
2. Join any big 4 and do CA.

According to your knowledge and vast experience which one do you think is better in the long run for a career growth.

and please no open ended answers ) be specific in ur answers with reasons ) all questions carrry equal marks D

Thanks
Muqtader Abbas Shah

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I would recommend doing CFA purely because having done CFA you would be more mobile and may find it relative easier if you decide later on in your career that you want to head western markets.

CA, from ICAP, will may restrict you in being more dynamic.

DT
Thanks Ehrar and DT...
well actually due to some personal problems i cant join big 4 though it was once an aim of my life to join fergusons...now having said that i am thinking to go for CFA as it is highly regarded here in the UAE.
CISA is purely auditing field and it may add to my auditing interest but about CFA i think there are far less people who have done CFA and I think it is better if i go for it.

Muqtader Abbas Shah
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by muqtader</i>
<br />Thanks Ehrar and DT...
well actually due to some personal problems i cant join big 4 though it was once an aim of my life to join fergusons...now having said that i am thinking to go for CFA as it is highly regarded here in the UAE.
CISA is purely auditing field and it may add to my auditing interest but about CFA i think there are far less people who have done CFA and I think it is better if i go for it.

Muqtader Abbas Shah

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Good decision.

Best wishes
DT
Best of Luck MR Muqtader.

Regards

Kh. Ehrar Ul Hasan
APA,ACMA,CIA(Usa),MA(Eco),CIMA(Inter),IBP-Stage-I & II (Only Sky is the limit.$$$.....)