Accountancy Forum

Full Version: How to Use Accountancy Forum Features
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
<b>How to Use Accountancy Forum Features</b>

I will try to explain in simple terms "How To"
* <b>Do Quotes</b>
*<b> Do Links</b>
* <b>Cut/Copy/Paste</b>

Once these 4 basics are described, I will open the thread up to questions and answers that newbies can ask and recieve help from cranky old timers.[D]

<b>"QUOTES"</b>

NOTE The {Quote} Button is not found in Fast Reply screen area. You must click {More Options} button.
a) click and drag (with left mouse button) to highlight word or words you want to appear as a quotation box in your post.
b) Above the reply screen is a {Quote button},click it, you will get this
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">b) Above the reply screen is a {Quote button}, click it, you will get this <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
....if you highlighted the above sentence.
Click Preview Post below reply window to see what you are quoting in fine print.
These are the basics.

<b>Troubleshooting Quotes </b>

Troubleshooting Quotes
To make sure all your quotes are working click preview. The preview screen is above the reply window. If your quotes are not all correct you will see
Your quotes will not be fine print and.....
Example,
Quote]= open tag
[Qoute]= misspelled quote
[\Quote]= backslash instead of frontslash
None of your quotes will work if one of them is wrong somehow. Anytime you have a "Quote" you must have a "/Quote" (end quote)

Identify who you are quoting with Quote=me, or Quote=whoever, inside brackets.

Next lesson "Links" after lunch. [p]

<b>LINKS</b>

The easiest way to link to a web page
While on the page you want to link to
A) Right click on the address bar in your browser at top of page.
B) Left click "Copy"
C) Come back to your reply screen in volconvo, Right click where you want the link to appear. Choose "Paste" with left mouse button touch space bar. DONE.

Also, even easier
If a web page has a link like this http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1720&whichpage=2. or any other (usually) underlined Text (a link can also be just another color than the rest of text, like example above), sometimes a link is a clickable picture.
A) Right Click on link, choose "Copy Shortcut"
B) Return to Reply Screen. Right click where you want the link to appear,
C) Choose Paste

---------------------------------------------
If I could... Then I would... Turn back time!!
If you have a question, do a search whether this topic has already been discussed in the forum. Its always better to post your messages in the existing topic rather than opening a new one as it gets difficult and confusing for the members to answer.

You can perform searches by clicking the "search" link located in the upper-right corner of the page. For example, if you want to have information about CISA or Information System Audit, just type the said phrases in the search field and your would be presented with a list of topics which carry these phrases. Usually the most relevant topic is the one with the with the highest number of posts.

<b>One of the important things to remember</b>
When using the "Fast Reply" screen, you will lose all of your work if you navigate away from the page. So, either open a new window to surf; or use "More Options" to keep your work safe. If you are using the "More Options" and you hit the "Back" button on your browser, you data will still be there when you get back using "Forward" button on your browser.

Handy <b>Keyboard Shortcuts</b>
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><b>Special Symbol Shortcuts </b>

Alt + 0176 = ° (Degrees)
Alt + 0162 = ¢
Alt + 0188 = ¼
Alt + 0189 = ½
Alt + 0190 = ¾
Alt + 0178 = ²
Alt + 0179 = ³
Alt + 0163 = £
Alt + 0169 = ©
Alt + 0174 = ®
Alt + 0165 = ¥
Alt + 0177 = ±
Alt + 0185 = ¹
Alt + 0247 = ÷
Alt + 0166 = ¦
Alt + 0149 = •
Alt + 0134 = †
Alt + 0227 = ã
Alt + 0191 = ¿
Alt + 0191 = ¿
Alt + 0161 = ¡
Alt + 0209 = Ñ
Alt + 0241 = ñ
Alt + 0225 = á
Alt + 0233 = é
Alt + 0237 = í
Alt + 0243 = ó
Alt + 0250 = ú
Alt + 0252 = ü
Alt + 0186 = º (1º = primero)
Alt + 0170 = ª (2ª = segunda) <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

<b>Special Symbols</b> ( ¢ ¾ ñ ü ° ) can also be found by going to Start, Programs (or All Programs), Accessories, Character Map.

nice work desert, where u came to know this

-------------------------
"You say you hate me,And i know that it is true,But why cant i stop thinking of you"
excellent work DS, thanks for the info.
are you part of the admin??? i always wonder how you come up with all this info? it is amazing and definitely commendable.

well done!

regards

"You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now."
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Azeem Shah Khan</i>
<br />excellent work DS, thanks for the info.
are you part of the admin??? i always wonder how you come up with all this info? it is amazing and definitely commendable.

well done!

regards

"You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now."
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
You're Welcome Azeem.

Its my gift to Accountancy Forum, I really appreciate having a place like this. I cant donate any cash to keep it going. So, this is doing my part for the community.

Besides, its kind of a Birthday gift to myself (I started this on my birthday) so I wouldnt have to explain to folks over and over how to do this stuff. You may have noticed I was getting a bit edgy about it for a while. I am FREE now! I can just give them a link! Consider it a Happy Birthday to me [8D].

At this time I invite Admin to feel free to take any liberties with the editing of this thread. I think this is one thread that should be pretty accurate. So, if you want to make it un-biased and remove my name (or just my signature [p] ) from my posts in this thread (somehow?) feel free.

<u><b>QUOTES</b></u>

Note In the Section I should have given a little time to the Quote Button next to the Report button at the top of each individual post. Clicking this will essentially put the entire post into a White Quote box. If you only want to quote one sentence from the post, left-click and drag to highlight everything except what you want to keep and hit delete. You can scroll down (in that screen) to make sure if there is anything else from that post you want to include.

Helpful hint Anytime you want to highlight something next to a Quote bracket, hit space next to it first, so you dont delete a bracket.

“Little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortune; but great minds rise above it.”
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Desert Sleet</i>
<br /><b>How to Use Accountancy Forum Features</b>

<b>LINKS</b>

The easiest way to link to a web page
While on the page you want to link to
A) Right click on the address bar in your browser at top of page.
B) Left click "Copy"
C) Come back to your reply screen in <b>volconvo</b>, Right click where you want the link to appear. Choose "Paste" with left mouse button touch space bar. DONE.

Also, even easier
If a web page has a link like this http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1720&whichpage=2. or any other (usually) underlined Text (a link can also be just another color than the rest of text, like example above), sometimes a link is a clickable picture.
A) Right Click on link, choose "Copy Shortcut"
B) Return to Reply Screen. Right click where you want the link to appear,
C) Choose Paste

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

DS, What is <b>Volconvo</b> ? I have tried looking in through accountancy forum, but have been unsuccessful !......
you are almost there Pracs, i dont need to explain what you asked me in ACCA vs CA.

once again i would suggest you to wait till DS responds.

Regards

I am getting a little impatient here,, where is DS these days...
AoA [)]
haan why u ask about DS [Wink] .....any how qusetion is how to use AF ...simple way is confined ur ideas in proper words n prepare a sweet topic write them n post them simply[)]
Allah hafiz n take care
REMEMBER ME IN UR PRAYERS[)]

" NOthing in this world can compansate for the loss of self-respect,nobleness of mind and self-honour "
sajjad, are you really from United Kingdom...the quality of english you write does not prove that...well dont mind just curious to know...
http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/faq.asp
D

Regards
Nauman-ul-Haq
AOA,

guys i want to know if want to past a pic what should i do....[)]
<font color="blue"><b>We have intentionally turned off the posting of pictures feature on this board (for obvious reasons).</b></font id="blue">
Pages: 1 2 3