Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Professional Conferences
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are your views on attending these various professional conferences organised by various institutes / societies?

Are they worth their investment?

Do most attendees only use it as a medium of networking?

What should a fair price for attending these sort of things - as we all know most of them are extremely expensive?

DT
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by derivativetrader</i>
<br />What are your views on attending these various professional conferences organised by various institutes / societies?

DT
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Depends on who is hosting the conference, who will be speaking and expected attendance. I also want to know what I will get out of the confernece. Will they be including a guest list as part of my registration package... will the guest list include contact information? Are the seminars interesting? Is there lots of time for discussion and interaction with other attendees?
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Quote by DT
Are they worth their investment?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Depends on the organizers.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Quote by DT
Do most attendees only use it as a medium of networking?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Yes, bring business cards.
What should a fair price for attending these sort of things - as we all know most of them are extremely expensive?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
I'm speaking in CDN funds so I guess cut it by 25% if you're in the states. I'd say $100.00 for an individual, $300.00 for a company is fairly average. I usually get the company I'm working for to foot the bill.

---------------------------------------------
If I could... Then I would... Turn back time!!