Accountancy Forum

Full Version: .
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
AOA!
actually i couldn't understand clearly that what do u want to ask.
if you r trying to find out about top investment companies. these are given here and you can get their website address from www.goole.com easily. according to the board of KSE top investment companies are.
S. No. Companies
1 Pakistan oilfields Limited
2 Unilever Pakistan Limited
3 Fauji fertilizer Company Limited
4 Engro Chemical Pakistan Limited
5 Pakistan State Oil Company Limited
6 Arif Habib Securities Limited
7 Grays of Cambridge (Pakistan) Limited
8 Al-Ghazi Tractors Limited
9 Rafhan Maize Products Company Limited
10 Clariant Pakistan Limited
11 Nestle Milkpak Limited
12 Shell Pakistan Limited
13 Siemens (Pakistan) Engineering Co. Limited
14 Millat Tractors Limited
15 Dawood Hercules Chemicals Limited
16 Bolan Castings Limited
17 International Industries Limited
18 BOC Pakistan Limited
19 Security Papers Limited
20 Din Textile Mills Limited
21 Ferozsons Laboratories Limited
22 First Imrooz Modaraba
23 Rafhan Best Foods Limited
24 Habib Arkady Limited
25 Sitara Chemical Industries Limited

and criteria for top 25 investment companies is

1) PREREQUISITES FOR SELECTION OF TOP COMPANIES
a. A minimum distribution of 40% (including at least 15% cash dividend) for the year;
b. A minimum of 500 shareholders;
c. The company has joined the CDS after it's securities have been declared as eligible securities by the Central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited; and
d. The company should not be under violation of the Listing Regulations.
a) Distribution
Out of current years profit only. In case dividend/ bonus is paid out of prior years earnings/ reserves, then the dividend/ bonus shall be adjusted proportionately. 30%
b) Return on Equity
On the basis of before tax-profit 25%
c) Turnover of shares
Transactions that are executed on Karachi Automated Trading System (KATS) 20%
d) The remaining 25% shall be allocated as follows 5%
- Announcement of half-yearly result within one month.
- Holding of Board Meeting for the consideration of accounts within one month of the close of financial year. 5%
- Holding of AGM within 3 months of year-end. 5%
- Early despatch of dividend/bonus shares within 15 days instead of the requirement of 45 days. 5%
- Proper Disclosure in Directors' Report (divided into following five main areas with 1% for each area).
i. Disclosure of any material changes and commitments affecting the financial position of the company which have occurred between the end of the financial year of the company to which the balance-sheet relates and the date of the report; 1%
ii. Complete information and explanation in regard to any reservation, observation, qualification or adverse remarks contained in the auditor's report; 1%
iii. Disclosure of any material changes that have occurred during the financial year concerning the nature of the business of the company or of its subsidiaries in which the company has interest, whether as a member of another company or otherwise. 1%
iv. Reasons for incurring losses, if any, and a reasonable indication of future prospects of profit; 1%
v. Information about defaults in payment of debts, if any, and reasons thereof. 1% 5%
Total 100%

A company will lose 1 (one) mark for each of the five disclosures if they are applicable but are not discussed in the Directors' Report. In other cases, full marks will be awarded to the company.
Please note that the criteria for selection of Top Companies for the year 2000 will remain the same as of the year 1999, which is reproduced below for information
I) Initial prerequisites
a. A minimum distribution of 40% (including at least 15% cash dividend);
b. A minimum of 500 shareholders; and
c. The company has joined the CDS after its securities have been declared as eligible securities by the Central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited.
d. The company should not be under violation of the Listing Regulations.

i don't have enough knowledge about investment or investment companies. it may be wrong just chek them out yourselves.
AOA!
sorry i forgot to tell you that it was the calculation of 2001.
and i hope i'll be the same for 2004.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by hira</i>
<br />hi
no i m asking for investment banks and have their offices in karachi

imagination or knowledge WhAt BesT????
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

This may be a relevant link

http//www.cybercity-online.net.seanic21.net/yp/html/financial_institutions.html

Also, what sort of questions are you thinking of asking, in other words, what's your thesis about? How much time have you got?

DT