Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Value of ICMA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi,
so many times here i read tht ICMA has no value in pakistan
can any 1 of u proves it ..???
regards

Never seek advice from a Chartered Accountant. They are trained to find problems not solutions.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ali4u3</i>
<br />hi,
so many times here i read tht ICMA has no value in pakistan
can any 1 of u proves it ..???
regards

Never seek advice from a Chartered Accountant. They are trained to find problems not solutions.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Their pay package is self explanatory.

ok tell me wht is the amount they acually drwan as salaray ???
regards

I'm a newbie in this field and I really respect all the brothers and sisters who have more experiance. But relevant to this subject I know two ICMAs who have just cleared thier part one of ICMA and they have been hired at 35K. I really do not know about thier background neither do I know about the experiance etc. But i guess that is quite a reasonable pay package keeping in mind you are hired in a firm which offers a lot of learning opportunities.
Mr.Desert ****

Very Sorry to read ur opinion .

First get the proper report then comment .

How much your salary is pls tell us ?

Please try to clear the papers of ICMA and then comment .

Addi.
lordoftheping,

exactly right buddy,
people should not overlook the contribution that ICMAians r making towards the economy of this country as well as in other foreign lands.
every professional degree has it's own value no matter where u are as long as u have the brains to use it in the field rather than bragging about it on forums.
meet any qualified ACMA and than talk about their level.
i'm sure many of u will change ur thoughts about ICMAP,it's an integral part of the finance & accounting field.
i think that not many of the posters on this forum have ever come accross an ICMA qualified or part qualified in the practical life.
i know many ICMAians who are almost running the finance and internal audit depatments of many big companies even in the presence of chartered accountants in thier departments,such is the intensity of thier grip on the knowledge of accounting and finance and they have earned the respect through hardwork,dedication,and total professional competence as well thorough understanding of the subject.

regards,

zubair.

Absolutely Agreed.
Hi...I've been willing to do the CIMA since I think it's syllabus is superior to that of the ICMA and that there's a higher pass rate. However, my friend is advising me to either do CMA from ICMA or lie to the interviewers since they would not want to hire someone smarter than them plus someone who might leave soon.
So, in this situation. What should I do? Study CIMA and be a rebel or conform and play to to status quo?