Accountancy Forum

Full Version: ACCA in the USA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<font size="3"></font id="size3"><font color="purple"></font id="purple">
Does anyone know what credit the ACCA holds in the USA.
Do you need to do the CPA exams or have a degree to work in america.
Any information or advise will be great.
Emma

Emma Walker
You can do labour jobs in USA if you do not hold any recognized Degree or Diploma, there is no value of ACCA in USA, they also do not give exemption in CPA.
Well known professional Certifications of Accountancy in USA are
CIA,CISA,CPA,CFA,CMA/CFM and FRM

Regards

Fahad A Khan

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it"

FAK,, are you in the US doing just that??

Hey,, just got on the worng foot their,,

eemar9,.
You do not have any exemptions for the CPA (with a non US degree), its more of a mutual thing so though you may not have a CPA, other accounting degrees are accepted (when there is a business need, ofcourse !). I was offered a contract with a Top 5 accountancy firm in New york and a Big4 in California, I know of other colleagues who are working in the US. (I myself am an ACCA and a Chartered Accountant myself) The only thing with the US market is that your employer expects you to pass the CPA to move onwards in your career.

Believe me its not difficult to pass CPA,.. I haven't met a Pakistani/Indian/British CA/ CA Finalist who sat for the CPA and not passed it.
<font size="3"></font id="size3"><font color="purple"></font id="purple">
Thanks for the advice.

I am not wanting exemptions from the CPA exams. I just wanted to know if employers would consider employing me with just the ACCA. I would take the exams as soon as possible.

Emma

Emma Walker