Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Information System Audit / CISA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Cheers!

Lahore examination centre at Lahore incorporated in the list of examination centre in Pakistan along with Karachi. All those who are registered for June 2004 attempt should use this facility of exam at lahore. And all those who r already registered at Karachi and belong to Lahore can also change their examination centre.

Usman

Salaam,

I am the student of ICMA FE II, i want to know that there is any material about Financial Accounts of FE II is available on net.

Thanks,

ASIF MARKATIYA

Asif Markatiya
PIM kick starts course on CISA through video confrance simultaneously at Lahore & Karachi. Great News for LAhore.

Any one interested should hurry.

Usman

CISA Study material 2004 nowavailable.

Usman

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hi Usman

I have given the CISA June 2003 attempt and am waiting for the result. What about u?

[can any of you share experience and study material of CISA]
Hi Usman

I have given the CISA June 2003 attempt and am waiting for the result. What about u?

Its my first attempt. in June 2004.

I am in Lahore. Also attending PIM CISA COURSE IN LAHORE conducted through. I have 2003 CD plus 2004 mannual.

USMAN

Anybody started studying for CISA in in June 2004. How are u all studying? Is the ISACA 2004 study guide & CISA Review Crse slides enough...

Can some previous CISA exam takers give us some advice on how to aproach this exam...

thanks...

Criteria for Becoming a CISA
CISA certification is a process of assessing individuals for their skills and judgment related to IS audit, control, and security. In addition to passing the exam, the candidate must submit evidence of five (5) years of experience in the professional practice of IS audit, control, or security. Substitution and waivers of such experience may also be obtained that will apply to this five-year experience requirement as follows
¡¡ A maximum of one year of experience may be substituted for
¡¡ One year of other audit experience
¡¡ One year of information systems experience and/or
¡¡ An associatefs degree (60 semester college credits or its
equivalent)
¡¡ Two of the required five years of experience may be substituted for a bachelorfs degree (120 semester college credits or its equivalent).
¡¡ One year of IS audit, control, or security experience may be substituted for each two years of experience as a full-time university instructor in a related field (e.g., computer science, accounting, IS auditing) with no maximum limitation to the two for one experience year substitution.
All related experience submitted as evidence for the certification as an IS auditor must have been gained within the ten years preceeding the application for certification or within five years from the date the candidate initially passed the exam. Individuals may choose to take and pass the CISA exam prior to meeting the experience requirements but will not be awarded the CISA designation until all the requirements are met. All experience will be independently verified with employers.

ReferenceThe CISA Prep Guide Mastering the Certified Information Systems Auditor Exam
Author Kramer, John.

kris
The xamination content areas of CISA are
currently defined for preparation and study for the CISA examination
“The IS Audit Process” (10 percent of test content).
“Management, Planning, and Organization of Information
Systems” (11 percent of test content).
“Technical Infrastructure and Operational Practices”
(13 percent of test content)
“Protection of Information Assets” (25 percent of test content).
“Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity” (10 percent of
test content).
“Business Application System Development, Acquisition,
Implementation, and Maintenance” (16 percent of test content).
“Business Process Evaluation and Risk Management”
(15 percent of test content).
Pleas take some time to give some idea on the above mention topics so that all of us can understand little bit about the exam contents.
I m just trying to start the process to share knowledge amoung us.
Take good care
Bye

kris
Is it possible for me to gain certified in CISA, if I do not have verification from employers?
Jen,
Usually the institutes randomly select the candidates to verify their experiences from the employers. There are situation, I can understand, where your former employers are not in position to verify your employment history due to unforeseen reasons. Still I will strongly recommend you that after undergoing difficult exam(s) you must endeavor to reestablish your relationship with your former employer(s) - henceforth (s)he may verify your handwork which you have done for company.
Does above explanation satisfy you question.
Bye and take good care.

kris
Kris,

Yes. Thanks for for your advice.
CISA Exams are over. But ISACA not followed the grid given in their mannual.

Hope for the best.

Usman

Hello Dear fellows.

Its like a great calm before the examination results. Its like see before a hurrycan.

H HI Hi Hi

Usman

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13