Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Struggling to make a breakthrough
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have recently emmigrated from Africa to the UK under the HSMP scheme. I am a Fellow Chartered Institute of Secretaries and Administrators {FCIS}, with over ten years post qualification experience. I am also studying towards the CIMA qualification {currently managerial level - last two subjects}

I also hold an MBA from a well recognised UK University. I do not seem to be having much luck in making a break through in my job hunt for the last three months. I must confess its getting a bit frustrating. All my experience is in Africa, but in my view I have acquired extensive transferrable skills in the accounting field over the years.

I am almost convinced that there may be something I am either overlooking or not doing correctly under the UK environment.

Can anyone offer tips.
Dear moyostan

Have your cv reviewed by few consultants.

Three months is not unusual for HSMP people. Try learning some local skills e.g, SAGE, public practice training from UK.

Last thing you want is frustration on the cavass of your memory. The force you will strike with the situation in hand will show the level of your competance and problem solving (this was the advice given to me eleven years ago by someone I only met once)
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Goodman</i>
<br />Dear moyostan

Have your cv reviewed by few consultants.

Three months is not unusual for HSMP people. Try learning some local skills e.g, SAGE, public practice training from UK.

Last thing you want is frustration on the cavass of your memory. The force you will strike with the situation in hand will show the level of your competance and problem solving (this was the advice given to me eleven years ago by someone I only met once)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">