Accountancy Forum

Full Version: A Level subjects to prepare for actuarial future
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have recently done ma O levelz.....And now will be applying for ma A levelz.I want to be an actuary....so thinking what subjects should i opt in my A levelz.....and what i have to do after ma A levelz(any degree/bachelors/masters) or directly go for actuary.
Waiting for Reply.............
You've got to learn to search the forum.
well i dun think i could serach the answer of the question 'which subjects should i take for A levelz which be helpful if a pursue my career as an actuary?'.I dun think any where in the forum this is written.........so could u be kind enuff to help me.
Math, Econ, Physics, Further Math with Stat option, and ofcourse...General paper. Why physics? Because it makes u a man...

And on a more serious note, take subjects that you like and can get good grades in, anything math/econ. Most importantly, sit for SOA/IOA prelim exams atleast once during ur A-levs. Try to intern during ur summers. Good luck.
Further Maths, Maths, Economics, Accounts.

I presume if you change your mind and plan for something else after your GCE, you would probably go towards commerce. So these subjects would be the best choice for you.
and after A levelz any need for bachelors or masters degree or directly start for the actuary..........
I would strongly recommend getting a bachelors if you ever intend to work outside Pakistan. I have a feeling US companies require a bachelors...but I could be wrong. Masters...don't sweat it! Doesn't matter beyond bachelors in this field.
any subject related to statistics would be an excelent
and also some preliminary maths having integration and diffrentiation
besides these
economics..no need of accounts as such
buut i wod really stress on advanced stats
A levelz mai koi 'advanced stats' subject hota hai? havent heard of it D
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by yousuf_gatta</i>
<br />A levelz mai koi 'advanced stats' subject hota hai? havent heard of it D
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Take as many maths / stats modules possible during your A Levels. You also need some understanding of Finance, so also make a habit of reading business pages of a good quality national/international paper.

DT