Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Derivatives Careers in Karachi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are derivatives careers in Karachi? And secondly is there any role for quants guys in Pakistani industries ?

Saliq
Come On Guys ..please share anything what do u know abt derivatives.....either there will be some derivatives exchange or trading in future...or any academic research/courses are going etc...plz plz plz share anything u know... i m realy feel backward when i saw Indians r very good in these sort or trading and have good plans in future...
Redards..

saliq u should have given us some backgound of urs......derivative is pricing somthing by combining a number of factors together....e.g. wat would be the interest rate offered on loan by the bank for agriculture purposes if say the crop are expected to be good this year due to sufficient rainfalls.healthier the crop higher the interest rate and viceversa.....(this is called wheather derivative)

in pakistan derivates are normally being traded in interest rates pricing and exchage rates pricing (the later being more popular).....initially state bank permitted banks to do derivative trading for special cases by seeking permission from the state bank...taking advantage of this citibank and standard chartered got the ADD(authorized derivative dealers) status and started trading in derivates on regular basis......UBL just got the ADD status and became the first local bank to get it.....govt plans to expand this business by authorizing more banks to trade into derivates......

in the course 5 to 10 years pakistan is likely to see a boom in this arena and for this purpose banks are already hiring services of experienced and highly qualified professionals in this field.if u want to study for financial derivates doing MBA or MSC fin can be a good option, otherwise cfa is the best qualificaiton for it.....

i hope i answered ur qeustion to some extent of satisfaction.....being a student of financial derivaties and doing mba i myself dont have the insight of this segement.....this informationa is all wat i learnt from my teachers and newspapers.....tc

Thanx...Amir for ur detail response.
as fas as my backgroung, I done engineering and almost finished my MSc In Financial Maths..