Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Is ICMAP bigger than CIMA?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
( cimaglobal site says )
CIMA is the voice of over 85,000 students and 65,000 members in 156 countries.

ICMAP says

We have more than 300,000 registered stuends and 3000 and some hundrds members ...

What is means ? is this

ICMAP qualification is tuff and spirior than CIMA...
ICMAP is most acceptable qualification...
CIMA is even worlwide but has less registered students
OR ICMAP is Road Accountants Qualifications ( very sorry ) like china's products cheep and bluk but not acceptable when needs performance...

What is This ...? why icmap as well icap increasing numbers rather than increasing value sp icmap ....

and one question more that why icmap qualified can not audit...?

I am sorry about lines but its reality or whatever .... but truth...

Stay in peace.

one inference that my dim wit can draw is that ICMAP is probably making more income from registeration fee than CIMA.

Ice Blue
Salam

Well brother, your source of figures is not correct. ICMA has not .3 million students.

ICMA qualification centers around Management Accountancy and they produce management accountants (includes Industrial accountnats), that's why they are not permitted to audit generally, though there are some exceptions.

ICAP AND ICMA, both institutes have been given birth by different statutes, and they both have different jurisdictions.

CIMA, on the other hand, regulates Management Accountancy Profession in Britian as ICMA in Pakistan, IMA in America, and ICWA in India.

ICMA qualified people enjoy good job opportunities in Pakistan's job market
ICMA 's three stage studen can compete and can defeat a qualified MBA.................
Ad2478

I once attempted telling you that it's not to be taken as a rule what you occasionally mention in your posts.

CIMA are among the best management accountants produced any where. They are even better than USA's CMA (conclusion in my personal). Now, should we be wondering that USA is super power and most advanced then how CIMA (based at UK) could be better than CMAs?

Things are never concluded like this. I am not here to make a point about who is better out of two to convince others (although my personal view is on CIMA's support). However, I just wish you to understand that at times things can be different from what one generally percieves.

A lay man example (I agree it has no linkage with subject matter) can be given of Jan Sher Khan or Jahangir Khan. They had no support, no facilities, no massage centres, no hi fi gyms and training centres. Still they did what none from UK could so far do.

So in different aspects different things can have different facets. There is no general rule to apply in every case.

Pakistani FCPS doctors are proven better than MRCP/FRCS of UK in practice. But it does not mean every FCPS is better than FRCS or one qualification is better and other is worthless.

Indian CAs were considered lowest in quality (a general perception). But now due to MOU with ICAEW you can see where they are. Mind it, they don't even practice (and study at that level) IFRSs. So there are and can be so many things which may drive the matters to a direction. It's not a general/simple rule.

Regards,

Kamran.
CIMA is also sole Management Accounting/Financial Management body in Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Srilanka, Malaysia and South Africa since these former UK colonies also dont have their own local accountancy body for Management Accounting or what they now refer to themselves as a body for Financial Management.
Dear

You have fullest right to disagree.

I am also of the view that CIMA is much better than ICMAP globally and even locally. However, this is not solely because of UK. A qualification cannot be deemed as superior merely because it is UK based. There are a number of reasons, majority of which, normally relates to quality and history of the particular professional body and its equal globalized acceptance.

Merely a relationship with UK does not make a qualification superior. On some part of earth it can happen if we go deeper in comparison of everything. However, a relationship with historical significance and quality produce can make a difference. Of course we cannot compare oxford with localized ones but there can be a good amount of comparison between some others.

In case of CIMA, I agree with your conclusion. I also mentioned it in previous post.

Regards,

Kamran.
If the criteria of a good qualification is its world-wide acceptance then why this rule is only applied on ICMAP . ACCA is more popupalar at world level than CA (ICAP). So someone has the right to say that an ACCA has more worth than an ICAPIAN has.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by retarded</i>
<br />
On the basis of ICMAP, you will be exempted from CIMA except 4 papers, CIMA does not grant as much exemptions to any other institute in pakistan, be it ICAP or any other.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Your information is incorrect!

CIMA's ACMAs simply need to walk to ICMAP and claim ICMAP's membership on the basis of their CIMA qualification. Similarly, CIMA members are exempt from PPT, Foundation and Intermediate exams of ICAP as well. Very much similar will be the case of exemptions from other Pakistani Professional bodies.

As far as your statement of "investing a huge sum of money" outside Pakistan is concerned let me remind you that our Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H) asked the Muslims of His time to visit even China for seeking knowledge. Obviously education won't have been free at that time as well. But the intend was to gain knowledge and then to spread this knowledge. Moreover, it is advised to seek knowledge from all sources available and by all means. So "investing a huge sum of money" with the intent of benifiting one's own people isn't wrong IN MY VIEW ATLEAST.

@ Astute

The narration of Holy Prophet (SAW) that you have quoted is unathentic (called Zaeef in the terminology of MUHADISEEN). If you have any doubt contact a true religious scholar of any sect who has gained religios education from any Madrsa.

ICMAP is not offering 100% exemptions to any professional. So before visiting any campus of ICMAP and claiming membership of the institute please visit the web site of ICMAP.

@ad2478
I know better then you about Hadis,Fiqah and Sharia. Many of my relatives are and were full fledge religious leaders and I am proud of it. Infact according to some ulma it is ghareeb hadees and according to some ulma it is not a hadees. No one is denying the importance of education.
I am not denying the importance of education in ISLAM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ad2478</i>
<br />ANd even if CMAS do not need to fullfill the articleship requiremtn but due to this they get limited to audit..they cant set their own audit firms. More over ICMAP ke papers pass kerte hi woh audit nahi kerne lagte ..they also need to full fill requirement of certain period.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Although CMA's cannot set their audit firms but they can set CMA firms and do the work of audit .
I know very well about audit rights of CMA's but the other foreign accounting qualifications holder even do not have such limited audit rights.
@ad2478

As the retarded has deleted his post about you so you should also delete your posts about him
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12