Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Articleship after B.Com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have done b.com and doing mod A. I'm planning to do articleship. Is it feasible for me or not? and when and how should I start articleship. Also give name of any firm better for me. I have heard that these firms get work of 12 hrs a day and after that one is so exausted that he can never give time to studies ...is it true or not? plz answer...

tan
Dear Tan,

Taking admission in Articleship is totally depend upon your% in b.com..If you ve got a gud % only dan u should apply for article ship in Taseer Hadi, Fergusons, Yousuf Adil . dey consider B.Com graduates others top firms dun even consider dem.. Yeah work is hectic der
thankx for ur reply dear ferGuson_in_Mba.....

i hve got 72% marks in B.com (96% marks in Accounting subs) and done B.com from hailey(Lahore).....so wt is my scope in Articleship?????can i do articleship and studies together????cas i had heard that no one can do it while doning CA-inter cas it is very tough job....is it a rumor or truly a tough job....and also plz telll how much working hrs thay would require frm me and that the work is easy for a B.com student or not....Also wt about stipand thay would give me (if any)....plz sugest firm in lahore...

tan
Its my friendly advice not to join a firm before doing Mod D as you will not get time for your studies.

Webmaster
www.practiseislam.com
Tan! Yes it is possible to join CA firm and study together buy likewise webmoxter I would also suggest you not to take admission in articleship before completing your Module-D, You can get the admission but articleship is really a tough job, Some times you need to sit for days widout relaxing n goin home..So study is not possible..There is no as such limitation of workin hrs its a full time job but in work load you cant even sleep for days) As far as stipend is concern it would be around 900 to 1200 increase gradually, As I dont live in Lahore i dun knw much abt der firms..but yes Ferguson is a reputed one..U can call der 4 further info..Shuja in Lahore can guide you more..
thanx to both of u...webmoxter and ferguson_in_mba...for ur kind advice...
Actually i am offered a job in a private firm.and the job is only of 5-6 hrs with some good pay...so i was in a fix that "kay aghar job hi karni hai to kun na article-ship hi ki jai" but after ur advice i'm going to do job ...cause i have some financial problms...so 5-6 hrs job can't have any much effect on my studies...........thanx again

always wellcome advice

tan

Your are always Welcome Tan! Best of luck for your future!
hi is there any one who give some tips about the B.com part 2 and if there any web site for free notes for B.Com 2 then plz tell me i m the student of sind university
Salaam

Dear Iamak

For Bcom, only concentrate on books recommended by your teachers or which were commonly used by past students. Notes will not help. Examiners usually make papers in a very diversified manner and only books can make you prepared for that.

I have made all the above observatons on my experiences of Karachi University's Bcom.

Regards
Assalaam-o-Alaikum Wa-Rahmatullahi Wa-Barakatuhu
Dear lamak follow the suggestion of the krss because I am agree with him but if you want to get Notes type Books read the books of Petiwala Publishers published by Petiwala Book Depot 021-2638187
Regards
Mahtab
Dear lamak
Yup! Dont get into notes and other stuffs Just follow the usual books of past students and prescribed by the teachers..
Assalaam-o-Alaikum Wa-Rahmatullahi Wa-Barakatuhu
Dear FerGu_son_in_Mba
Did you read books published by Petiwala?
Regards
Mahtab