Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Is it mandatory to attempt 100% paper in CAtoPass?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm the student of Module(B) and have a refer in "Introduction to Economics and Finance". Last attempt was my second attempt of "Economics" but still I could not pass it. In the first attempt, I could not attempt the 100 marks fully because usually in the paper a lot of questions are required to be answered. But whatever, I attempted, it was atleast 75% relevant and accurate. You would wonder that I attempted just 55 marks paper and referred in it in first attempt. But in second attempt, I attempted more than 80% paper with the reasonable required explanation which was according to mine and as per my teacher to whome I gave it's tests all the 4 months available for it's preparations alongwith Module(B) was absolutely correct on the average. Still, I could not event secure the referal level in it instead I got failed i.e. got "D" grade in it.

I'm really very much amazed at this progress that in the paper in which I just attempted 55%, I'm securing the referrel level and in the paper in which I attempted 80% marks with further 4 months intensive revision and tests with more confidence and more accuracy could not get referrel level but failed. Why? What's that dam ! I'm really ditched.

Could someone senior like to analyse this situation that what's the actual problem. Is it mandatory to attempt 100% paper in order to just secure "C" grade in theoretical papers like "Economics"?

Love is life ! (adeel)
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by zephyrrr</i>
<br />I'm the student of Module(B) and have a refer in "Introduction to Economics and Finance". Last attempt was my second attempt of "Economics" but still I could not pass it. In the first attempt, I could not attempt the 100 marks fully because usually in the paper a lot of questions are required to be answered. But whatever, I attempted, it was atleast 75% relevant and accurate. You would wonder that I attempted just 55 marks paper and referred in it in first attempt. But in second attempt, I attempted more than 80% paper with the reasonable required explanation which was according to mine and as per my teacher to whome I gave it's tests all the 4 months available for it's preparations alongwith Module(B) was absolutely correct on the average. Still, I could not event secure the referal level in it instead I got failed i.e. got "D" grade in it.

I'm really very much amazed at this progress that in the paper in which I just attempted 55%, I'm securing the referrel level and in the paper in which I attempted 80% marks with further 4 months intensive revision and tests with more confidence and more accuracy could not get referrel level but failed. Why? What's that dam ! I'm really ditched.

Could someone senior like to analyse this situation that what's the actual problem. Is it mandatory to attempt 100% paper in order to just secure "C" grade in theoretical papers like "Economics"?

Love is life ! (adeel)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

AoA

In fact when u get ref 1st time and u r unable to secure the passing marks too in 2nd attempt, then grade D is given. means in the second of ref there is no concept of ref again, either u will b pass or fail.

If u attempt almost 80-90% paper confidently, it is more than enough to succeed u, however, the paper attempted should be quite relevant, accurate and MOST IMPORTANTLY according to the requirment of the questions. in most of the cases requirment of question is misunderstood by the students which is a cause of failure.

If examiner ask u to comment, then u will have to tell him the background, pros and cons of the statement and ur conclusion based upon the discussion.

If examiner ask u to illustrate ur answer, then u will have to give illustration becoz the marks of illustration r built in the marks of question.

ICAPians, the unparalleled..
Dear Adeel

Ofcourse 100 percent attempt is essential for securing the paper. But additionally, u also need to be to the point and according to the requirements of each question. You will also have to give each question its due share. for instance, u can allocate time for each question in accordance withn the marks. for e.g. for a 10 marks question, 15 minutes is a quite essential time and this also means that u should give all these 15 minutes to that question.
I agree with Ali's point of view, especialy the last 3 statements he made.

Best of luck and prayers Adeel.

Regards
Mujahid