Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Master in Economics and Finance-KU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Salam Friends
I want to have some information about MEF stands for Masters in Economics and Finance from University of Karachi.
I require the following information

* Globally Accepted or not??
* Better than MBA(FINANCE) or not??
* Reputation in Financial Sector e.g. Banks
* Syllabs /subjects in this Programme
* Expected Job positions after doing MEF
* Which department of KU launched this Programme

If you know answer to all of some of above questions, then please reply to this topic.
AOA

Globally Accepted or not??
Yes

Better than MBA(FINANCE) or not??
Not

Syllabs?
Please vist www.ku.edu.pk for Complete syllabus

Expected Job positions after doing MEF
Entry level Not Managerial level

Reputation in Financial Sector e.g. Banks
Good

Regards

Mahtab

AOA
Mahtab bhai thank you very much for that information.
I will call you inshALLAH.
Syllabus is not available at ku.edu.pk so if you have any other link please inform me about that
Wish you the best of luck..
AOA

"Syllabus is not available at ku.edu.pk so if you have any other link please inform me about that"

Please visit

http//www.ku.edu.pk/dept/economics/courses.html and

http//www.hec.gov.pk/htmls/curriculum/Curriculms_pdf/ECONOMICS.pdf
or
http//www.hec.gov.pk/htmls/curriculum/revcurr.htm

Regards

Mahtab

AOA
I visited the recommended links.Again Thanks a lot for this help Mahtab bhai i want to go abroad(UK) so what should i do either MEF or CAT/ACCA??? which one can be helpfull to me abroad?? I want to settle there and get a job with my further studies. I have recently appeared in B.Com. Final papers. I got 68% marks in part I and m confident about my final papers.
Plz Dua..
Ragards....Beyond_instincts
Assalaam-o-Alaikum Wa-Rahmatullahi Wa-Barakatuhu

Insha Allah you will be Successful in B.Com

If you want to go abroad CAT/ACCA is better option but

Why don't you try to do MEF & CAT/ACCA (Same time) simultaneously

MEF can be attend in Morning as well as Evening classes and

CAT/ACCA can also be attend in Morning as well as Evening classes

and Privately without attending any Calss and I think you will attempt

MEF & CAT/ACCA in diffrent Months and if you manage your Time and

yourself than you can easily complete MEF within two years and

Complete CAT or Some Parts/Papers of ACCA as well

but this is only my suggestion and what you think better Opt.that

Regards

Mahtab
i m a student of MEF final year as well as in ACCA part 2 u can contact me @ 0321-2393893
MEF ki bohat value hai ..
regards

Never seek advice from a Chartered Accountant. They are trained to find problems not solutions.
Walaikum Assalam Wa Rahmatullah Wa barkathu

Mahtab Bhai Your suggestions are sound and unbiased..and that is the thing i am in search of..again thanks a lot.Nowadays i am waiting for B.Com. Results and need your duas..
This came to my information that the Dept. Of Economics launched MEF only at masters level and evening session.Is there any other public or private sector University that offers the same combination at masters level??
I have downloaded the syllabus of ACCA/CAT and very pleased to see that all subjects are of my pesonal interest.
One more question..Is ACCA/CAT difficult than B.COM,?? i have seen the subjects list but cdnt compare it with those of B.Com.

Wish you the Best of Luck and a lot of DUAS for you ..
REGARDS...Beyond_instincts
Salam Ali Bhai
I think every person give opinion according to his own domain, and we know that CA qualified people are the CREAM of the nation.By the way, where are you studying??at ku?? I am going to call you on sunday.
REGARDS..Beyond_instincts
`sallam
CA are not the cream of the country.....
u didnt call me buddy !!!
regards
AOA Ali!!
I was bissy, thats why i didnt call you.Any ways you didnt tell me whether you are a student of KU???
If you are, then please inform me about the admission to PGD in Economics and Finance programme of KU..Following information is required
1. When admissions are starting??
2. Last date for submission of admission forms
3. Fee structure
4. Timing of classes
5. Can we take admission in MEF Final after taking PGD in Economics and Finance???

One of my teachers told me that NOW ACCA is not an easy to do job as it was 2to3years earlier,Because at that time they wanted to increase the number of members there in Pakistan.But now as the number of students grew at a large rate..
Thank you very Much...

Regards..beyong_instincts

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Nowadays i am waiting for B.Com. Results and need your duas..<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

The Result of B.com announced,

What is your Result?