Accountancy Forum

Full Version: WHY IS THIS SUSPENSE ACCOUNT DONE LIKE THIS?!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<font size="4"><font size="4"><font size="4"><font face="Courier New"> <b>OMG I am damn stress nw,if there's a qn saying " The trial balance did not agree (debit total=95000; cr total =94800).He opened a suspense account to enable him to proceed with preparation of the draft final accounts.

Ans suspense account
180 bal b/d 200
65 45
== ==

DOUBTANYBODY knows why the bal b/d 200 is on the credit side, and not the debit side?? since if bal c/d is 200 at the cr side ,then bal b/d should be 200 on the dr side right??? i spent 1 day thinking this, why is this so complicated?!!!!</b></font id="Courier New"></font id="size4"></font id="size4"></font id="size4">
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by leopig</i>
<br /><font size="4"><font size="4"><font size="4"><font face="Courier New"> <b>OMG I am damn stress nw,if there's a qn saying " The trial balance did not agree (debit total=95000; cr total =94800).He opened a suspense account to enable him to proceed with preparation of the draft final accounts.

Ans suspense account
180 bal b/d 200
65 45
== ==

DOUBTANYBODY knows why the bal b/d 200 is on the credit side, and not the debit side?? since if bal c/d is 200 at the cr side ,then bal b/d should be 200 on the dr side right??? i spent 1 day thinking this, why is this so complicated?!!!!</b></font id="Courier New"></font id="size4"></font id="size4"></font id="size4">
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Did you manage to come to a conclusion on the next day or are you still thinking?

B/D or B/F is always the heavier side on the account, this is nothing but a study - exam thing. You dont really need to write b/c or b/d if you put the numbers in the write slots.

Cheeeeers

Sorry to say, the problem is with your concepts, you will face same type of problems with accruals and prepayments...So "Balancing off accounts" is the topic that you should study carefully once more...
To Azeem Shah Khan
Thanks for the reply.I agree with you tat b/d is always on the heavier side, and this is why i am confused. My teacher put the 200 on the credit side, which is the lighter side of 94800, hence i am wondering why the 200 balance is not on the dr side under 95000 .Do u have any idea ?

Leopig
balance c/d is always on the credit side. when its brought down, it goes to the opposite side from the c/d. is main koi pareshaani ki baat nahi hai, yeh hota hi is tarah say hai. its always done like this. kabhi yeh nahi hota kay c/d heavier side pay ho. Thats not a big problem. I hope you understand....

If there's any problem, dont hesitate to post here.
whatver is the c/d, phir jub b/d kia jata hai tu c/d ki opposite side pay kartay hain.

c/d was on 94800, then jub isay b/d kia tu yeh c/d ki opposite side pay yani 9500 pay chala gia.
TOausmanpk
"is main koi pareshaani ki baat nahi hai, yeh hota hi is tarah say hai. its always done like this. kabhi yeh nahi hota kay c/d heavier side pay ho. "
"whatver is the c/d, phir jub b/d kia jata hai tu c/d ki opposite side pay kartay hain.
c/d was on 94800, then jub isay b/d kia tu yeh c/d ki opposite side pay yani 9500 pay chala gia. "

Hi, i don't get what you mean as i can onli read english, can let me know what you mean???

leopig