Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Help: Scope of CA in UK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi
i m a student of CA finals. I plan to shift to UK right after completion of my studies due to some private reasons. I wanted to know will my ICAP qualification be accepted in UK to get me a job there? If not then what will i've to do be a qualified chartered accountant there?? I am looking forward to you people to help me out.
Plz do assist me
Hi

I am ACCA qualified and based in London.

I know about 50 ICAP members are working in Big four firms in UK. I will suggest you to down list of ICAP members from ICAP web site and look for those working in UK and then contact them regarding your query.

I you want I can email you list of those 50 ICAP members working in UK as you are happy to get help from ACCA ( Lower qualification than ACA(PAK) according to ICAP and her members).

I need for email if you want I send u the list.

Kind Regards

Khalid Sipra
As far as recognition is concerned I can say that ICAP is not recognised outside Pakistan, but yes you can get job.

CA qualifiaction will get u interview, then you presentation and knowledge will count will count.

U mentioned that u want to do ACA from UK, I am assure that it is the chance that u will et jobd, but securin training contract is out of question because of followin two reasons

1) U are qualified CA therefore firms do not like to sign trainin contract (Articleship) with someone already holds accountancy qualification.

2) students who secure training contract are normally 22 yrs old.

I must let u know that Accountants are that much interested in audit in Uk as they are in pakisatn.

Plz do not contact ICAEW as they will say u will get training contract easy (which is wrong) ICAEW says this cause ICAEW is in Financial deficit nowdays and is doin everything to increase her student and members base.

Anyway when u come to Uk u will know the reality.

Kind Regards

Khalid Sipra
is it true that ICAEW is in financial difficulities??
Yes it is very true. Because of two reasons

A lot of UK based CA fims are moving towards Institute of Chartered Accountant of Scotland. For example Ernest and Young is only providing ICAS training to her employess. W H white has also moved towards ICAS.

Secondly ppl are not getting training contract. That is the reason ICAEW is trying for mergers. ICAEW is also plannin to authorised some CA firm in Pakistan to train student, but according to my information ICAP is trying to keep ICAEW out of Pakistan Market (YOU know better than me, Plz let me know)

I personally not in favour of ICAEW, I already have sined training contract with CA firm in Belfast leading to examinations of Institute of chartered Accountants in Ireland.

In short ICAEW is really struggling to increase her students and memebers.

Kind Regards
Mr.Khalid.... thanks a lot for ur concern. Wanted to tell you that i dont plan to go for articles or training. I want to find a job straight away on bases of my ACA qualification in UK. Can u plz put some light on it?
Zain, if you are a Big4 trained and still working in practice you stand a much better chance in getting a job (provided you are CA qualified)Firms were until recently also getting work permits but that is slowly trickling down, however, CAs on HSMP are still getting on.
Hi

I think u should those ICAP members who r working in UK. If u want I can send u their details. Plz provide me ur email and i will send u details if u wish so.

Kind Regards
hi

According to my information ICAEW is willing to authorise some CA firms in Pakistan to train ACA students, but ICAP is trying to keep ICAEW out of Pakistani market.

Could anyone tell me is it true and if it is true what ICAP is doing to keep ICAEW out of Pakistani Market.

Kind Regards

Khalid Sipra
Hi Zain_zk

i would say it all depends on your CV. If you have a nicely worded and well presented CV, you stand a chance, otherwise my friend UK could be a very Unforgetable place.

Your CV should show the thrust of your knowledge and experience. Have more than one CV for different jobs and for semi senior level jobs, keep the ACA (Pak) disclosure to the third page. For senior level jobs, disclose right at the start ACA and must disclose somewhere in the CV that ACA was from Pakistan.
ya i wud be thankful to u if u mail me the details of such member on my email........zain_zk@yahoo.com
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mroneflower</i>
<br />Yes it is very true. Because of two reasons

A lot of UK based CA fims are moving towards Institute of Chartered Accountant of Scotland. For example Ernest and Young is only providing ICAS training to her employess. W H white has also moved towards ICAS.

Secondly ppl are not getting training contract. That is the reason ICAEW is trying for mergers. ICAEW is also plannin to authorised some CA firm in Pakistan to train student, but according to my information ICAP is trying to keep ICAEW out of Pakistan Market (YOU know better than me, Plz let me know)

I personally not in favour of ICAEW, I<font color="red"><b> already have sined training contract with CA firm in Belfast leading to examinations of Institute of chartered Accountants in Ireland.</b></font id="red">
In short ICAEW is really struggling to increase her students and memebers.

Kind Regards
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

????[D]
rabia-k [D] remember me? [D]
No