Accountancy Forum

Full Version: MYASCO in Lahore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
How is the audit firm yousuf adil saleem and company doing in lahore?
Does it come in big 4 in lahore or not?
What is ranking position of Deloitte, its parent firm and its growing rate?
MYASCO is at No. 4 in ranking...Deloitte also falls under top 4 internationally...
AOA,
According the Accountacy age survey 2005 Deloitte is on the 2nd number in top 50 firms with £1,350 Million only from UK with an 8% growth rate charging £2,307,692 fees per partner on average. This seems to be a preety good firm. Don't know about the reputation of MYASCO. but do u mind telling me your qualification and what the MYASCO is offering for internship.

<hr noshade size="1">
BTW, what is the procedure of getting Internship <i>(or whatever we call it)</i> there.
Deloitte is at number two based on international revenue, primarliy because it still retains its consultancy arm.

http//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_4_accountancy_firm

MYAS in Lahore is quite small compared to the other Big3, but I would recommend to join it because of the Big4 tag plus there has been some high level restructuring in Lahore which will make it better down the line.

For articles any of the Big4 will do, they will mostly ask you to write a competency test followed my interviews.
what we have to write in the competency test? what it'll be all about?
Hmm,. well I am not sure what is it these days, but used to be a comprehensive test on accounting, cost accounting, audit related etc. Thing is if you have passed the CA foundation exams or any other qualification (whatever route you are taking)it is just going to measure that. Perhaps some of the new recruits will be able to help you,.. guys.. any volunteers ?
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pracs</i>
<br />Hmm,. well I am not sure what is it these days, but used to be a comprehensive test on accounting, cost accounting, audit related etc. Thing is if you have passed the CA foundation exams or any other qualification (whatever route you are taking)it is just going to measure that. Perhaps some of the new recruits will be able to help you,.. guys.. any volunteers ?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Yes the test usually taken by big two is quite comprehensive, like it covers Auditing, Financial Accounting, Company Law, Quantitative Methods, English and General knowledge.

ICAPians, the unparalleled..
Ali,

Who do you refer to as Big2. AFF and FRSH?
Do u have any doubt about it?
if u have then i have some doubts about u
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Abdur.Rehman</i>
<br />Do u have any doubt about it?
if u have then i have some doubts about u

Chill out mate I was just asking a question ? KPMG some times makes the no.2 claim.

And I have no doubts about you !
i was also asking a question from u, as ur question was depicting ur doubts.
and KPMG never made a no. 2 claim. it doesnt need to make claims.
When the sun shines every one sees. no one is needed to scream that it is shining.
so clear ur doubts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pracs</i>
<br />Ali,

FRSH??? stands for??? Ford Rhodes??? r sure??? na karain sir!!

Admit that AFF is not now on 1st at least in Islamabad but it doesnt mean that FRSH is at 2nd no.! leave the 2nd position for AFF..

And as far as KPMG is concerned there is no need to tell anyone where it stands now..

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ali Akbar</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pracs</i>
<br />Ali,

FRSH??? stands for??? Ford Rhodes??? r sure??? na karain sir!!

Admit that AFF is not now on 1st at least in Islamabad but it doesnt mean that FRSH is at 2nd no.! leave the 2nd position for AFF..

And as far as KPMG is concerned there is no need to tell anyone where it stands now..

Guys guys there is no need for you all to get this emotional at all, just to let you all know I am AFF trained myself , infact I have now worked for / working for all of the Big5 except KPMG... meaning PwC, EY, Coopers & Lybrand, Deloitte....

So I have no bias,..to start with I know AFF has been at the top in Pakistan for as long as there have been accounting firms in Pakistan ! But realities are changing,. Ford Rhodes got in the Anderson legacy (Sidat Hyder) firm in with them which must have got them on to the no.2 position for sure...about KPMG many KPMG people do make claims in terms of clientle and all. Since there are'nt any publicly avaliable figres for any of the firms it is just difficult to put a number on the revenues and all.

Guys guys there is no need for you all to get this emotional at all, just to let you all know I am AFF trained myself , infact I have now worked for / working for all of the Big5 except KPMG... meaning PwC, EY, Coopers & Lybrand, Deloitte....

So I have no bias,..to start with I know AFF has been at the top in Pakistan for as long as there have been accounting firms in Pakistan ! But realities are changing,. Ford Rhodes got in the Anderson legacy (Sidat Hyder) firm in with them which must have got them on to the no.2 position for sure...about KPMG many KPMG people do make claims in terms of clientle and all. Since there are'nt any publicly avaliable figres for any of the firms it is just difficult to put a number on the revenues and all.

There is no need to make elaborations, we don't need it at all. Request is made to all members that if they are not sure about any information then please don't put the vague answer on the public board. The world has been changed, every second person knows about the accurate information.

And again as far as KPMG is concerned, every one knows about its current position. The outdated information no more works!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6