Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Chartered Accountants (complete) plz help me out !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
im in search of a CA (complete) as wanna know about the whole and each n every bit of the procedure of becoming a chartered accountant!
ok.. so i've heard alot about icap... people say that the passing % is really very low ! most of the ppl training quit it cuz its too tough n rough ! i've also heard that they dont have time at all ! they've to go for articleship from morn to evening and then take classes for CA !
now im really scared of that ,, and i waz planning to go for icaew or the scotland one but then heard that getting a training contract there is almost impossible !
so now what to do .... ??!?!
plz guide me !
also temme about the starting pay of a full CA and ACCA in pakistan and UK !?!
thnx alot !
waiting for ur quick replys!
I can only answer part of your query. a newly qualified acca gets btw 32-40 k per year in the uk.
[?]rupess or pounds ??

and plz some one help me out.. i really need it !
check out the ACCA and ICAP website you will find a lot of inormation there.
i've visited those sites a hundred times ! im not asking anything abt the course or exams n stuff or fees ! All i need is to talk to a CA who could temme the exact hardships and also the positive side during his internships n all ! cuz im very desperate to know that ,, since ive heard too much abt it !
and after talking to him.. then i'd like to decide if im able to do that or not !!!
so plz help me guyzZZz

and is getting a training contract in ireland no prob unlike icaew and that of scotland !!
what abt the reputation of the institute of ireland of CA's !!
plz shed light on that too !
thnx
its pounds & its in uk
scotland & ireland hav as much repu as icaew & maybe more now a days
Hi anothermortal, as i m nt a CA yet so was nt allowed to give my suggestions in here.
First u got to be clear with ur plans.
Regardin ICAEW, I hav no idea how the situation xactly is, and there was a frightening post on that topic also (perhaps u too hav gone through).
I hav talked much bout beginin with CA or ACCA at various places mite b a bit of help for u there.

shoaib
Dear Mr. Anothermortal!
Stop believing on the old superstitions; Be optimist.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Muhammad Adnan Arshad</i>
<br />Dear Mr. Anothermortal!
Stop believing on the old superstitions; Be optimist.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

im not believing on the old superstitions,, its just that i wanna know all abt this profession,, its consequence n rewards n all stuff before just jumping blindly into it ! i just wanna be on the safer side,, as i have another option too n thatz engineering !~
im really sorry to say but nobodyz really willing to help !
im seeking a person who has successfully gone thru all this ,, and grasp something out of his experience !
still waiting for some useful replys......
Anotherimmortal what do u xactly want to know?
Be clear with ur questions and intentions then perhaps sumbudy cud be of some help.
I think wht you want to ask is how to study to successfully complete ca.

for this, just study & study & study & study for hours 8-10 hours atleast daily.

especially after mod d , you will do articleship, work for horribly long hours with almost non existant salary & then study too!!! study & study & sutdy more hard then you had ever till mod d. things will get more horrible when you reach the last module

if you dont practice & study up to the toppest mark in any subject, then you will simply fail that subject
a chartered accountant at an islamabad firm advised me to forget everything, your family & even yourself for 6 years then you will do it... things would be much better in the start but when you get further, everything will become horrible...
I am afraid that usman is right to some extent, although the things are not as horrible as mentioned.

Usman please darao mat
see now datz what im talking abt !!!
thatz why i was looking for a complete CA who has gone all thru that hell and gain something from his experience and probably percieve if i could do it or not !! there is no motivation man !!!

waisay what is the passing % of icap and that of ACCA too..
and watz the starting pay of a CA ?

also .. discuss abt which onez better... chartered accountancy or engineering ... in all aspects !!
thnx
Anothermortal a student with 3 or 4 years experience of all this is enuff to answer such questions.
Passing % of ACCA is much better than that of CA
Passing % of ACCA is much better than that of CA

...HMMMM.....yeap its a fact.
Pages: 1 2