Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Engineering(from ned)+mba(iba)!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
i've heard many ppl say that engineering+mba is one of the best options and ppl who have done that are earning quite alot(like between 1 and 2 lacs) !! first of all i wanna know if thatz true or not ?!?!
secondly,, i wanna know that how come this combination work,, as both are two different fields !!they have nothing in common.. engineering is all technical whereas mba is about business n stuff !!!
Shahbaz yawns ...... /
bhai saab pehle bcom to kar lo. )

Jisko dekho lakh do lakh ke piche para hua hai .

apni potency to dekho baba ke kitne paani mai ho .
I amhearing this only from you, anothermortal

Its not an odd combination, many engineers do MBA. Know nothing more than that.
MBA is a degree which is useful in all professionals where a person is in a place in his career at a managarial level. Doctors, Bankers, accountants etc are all professionals that can benefit from an MBA.

I think this combination will only be beneficial for an engineer when he has had some experience in is field and goes for an MBA when its more of a career thing.I am not sure about the 1-2 lacs thing. I did meet an NED engineer who worked for Nespak (a couple of years ago), who had worked for around 5-6 years and had an MBA from a Canadian Uni,.. I think he was earning around 1 lac at that time.

So these things are do differ from person to person and the kind of opportunites one gets. I would however not say that an NED Engineer with an IBA MBA would by default be earning some thing around that. But this is just my opinion, perhaps some one more close to the situation can relate to this.
tabhi hum yawn kia thaa P
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Shahbaz</i>
<br />tabhi hum yawn kia thaa P
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
aap ki kia hi baat hai, shahbaz bhai.
yawn kar ke ishara detay hein. aqulmundoon kay liye ishara hi kafi hai, baqi loog kahin aur say advice lein[)]
can a person do mba after clearing all his papers of acca while doing his articleshiP??
and can someone plz temme about the new exemptions that icap is offering on the basis of inter results ?!???
and i also wanted to ask that if a person fails in a particular paper of a particular module,, will he have to do the whole module again or just attempt that single paper ??
thnx for ur replys !
one thing more... a friend of mine told me that CAs and ACCAs are just accountants.... like they can just be an accountant in a firm or a bank !! and all the higher designations are usually occupied by mba's !! like country manager, branch manager, etc !! then what abt the chartered accountants who've worked so hard !!??
i wanna know that are CAs and ACCAs just accountants or they know much more abt business and commerce stuff ???
i just wanna know abt the field of work of chartered accountants ??
hmm hmm, well CAs and ACCAs are accountants no doubt about that, infact a little more than that,. Finance professionals,. its no fete to be a 'branch manager' (I will leave that to the MBAs and all),. The grade CAs are in banks is most of the times equal to or higher than branch managers,. its usually a corporate title like 'Assistant Vice President' etc.

Now Country Manager is the top notch slot,, and again depends what kind of exposure and expertise a person has developed, I have known in my short professional experience CAs and CPAs and ACCAs holding those position in different companies and banks.

Although there are no hard and fast rules,.. alot depends on what kind of experience you have got. Unfortunately in Pakistan, MBA has just become another degree.... in western contries it is more of a 'cap' to an existing professional degree and is usually done after a couple of years in a managerial position.
You can do MBA from evening classes or thru distance learning, many foreign universities offer that. ACCA also offers distance learning mba for its members from oxford brookes university uk. but you can only do it after you have completed your articleship.

check out http//www.icap.org.pk/Examination/Exemptionawarded.pdf?PHPSESSID=a2e5a46408a58d742a3e427940a52e89 for exemptions to intermediates.
waisay I really want to know Mr. Anothermortal that what you are doing these dayz, or what have you done?
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ausmanpk2001</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Shahbaz</i>
<br />tabhi hum yawn kia thaa P
aap ki kia hi baat hai, shahbaz bhai.
yawn kar ke ishara detay hein. aqulmundoon kay liye ishara hi kafi hai, baqi loog kahin aur say advice lein[)]

Bas bhai hamarii baatein hi kuch aisii hai ( Shahbaaz itraaingzz )
well, mani , uptill now i havent done anything big !! ive just finished with my inter exams (pre-eng) and now confused abt which profession to choose ! as im not really interested in engineering so the other option is acca and ca ! I Never wanted to do bba n mba cuz everybodyz doing that ! Even the engineers and doctors do that ! most of the ppl suggest me to get into ned(mashallah se i've got a good % so i probably can) which wud be the easiest and wisest option !! and it's now time for me to decide !!! i've never studied commerce ,, i've alwayz been an above average student(mashallah se) ! i had 84% in metric and 84.5% in 1st year ! i wanna know if i can do acca n ca in 1st attempt !!
i need quality suggestions plz !!
Mr. Anothermortal, seems you are quite confused.

Fist of all Engineering+MBA, seems quite two different fields. Again its not my field, but i have found many people suggestin the same. Reason perhaps that in our country one seldom works according to his qualification, especially engineers. Just to quote a friend of mine is Bachelor in Agriculture and is workin in a bank perhaps as a credit officer. For engineers there are not a lot of oppurtunities related to thier qualification, however, an engineer may be preffered for an admin sort of job. So, in this situation Eng+MBA makes some sense.

You can never say that accountancy is better at the moment in our country than others you mentioned. The decision got to be yours. Yet again in a society like ours one has seldom a chance for selecting a profession matching his apptitude.

One the basis of your record what I feel ACCA or even CA are not gonna be very much tough for you, means that you can do if are able to continue your hardwork.

Shoaib
Pages: 1 2 3