Accountancy Forum

Full Version: MBA (LUMS) vs CA (PAKISTAN)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
grow up guys......mba and ca are not in any way comparable.... mba is a general degree ca is a specialized field.... lums mba is getting excessive in supply nevertheless they have a good teaching methodology but ca still is unomparable so this question is invalid....

ca is introducing few more courses down the stream related to biz mgt and financial mgt.... they need to improve the presentation and analytical skills. they need to even liason with iba or lums to get their trainees being trained in that environment. mba is a univ, degree and ca is a professional degree.... again say that this q is invalid
XBRL you definitely are a student of CA, and you are proving what I said in my last post on this thread.

Speaking power in CA, like many other professions, is more required than your working skills. (just my personal opinion)
i think that mba is much suitable 4 any pakistani student,coz usually ca takes more time and more expenditures than mba .After all we should take care of our father's pocket.And i think a middle class student can't afford ca to standard institue but he can afford mba.Allama iqbal open university mba is one of the best and cheap.inshalla i will do mba ,and mba is proffesional degree too.
AIOU say kar ke hashar hi hoga. I think CA is muuuuuuuccch more cheaper than MBA.
People think that LUMS MBA is more better than CA ICAP just because of that LUMS is a well established and most expenses university, and no more than it while the CA is a cheaper but hard work demanding course.....
And if we examine that HEC is more established too in pakistan and every one know about it and about ICAP no one know except interested ones, and if we have to pay 130000 to 170000 per module then we all absolutly say that CA ICAP is better than MBA LUMS...
i have a question to all that if MBA is better than CA then why people join CA after getting thier degree of MBA or MCom...
AOA. MBA is a good degree.it has reputation of the institute from where you have completed your mba. It does not matter that you have sound knowledge about your syllabus. MBA is a degree of introductory and foundamental level but ca is professional degree that requires study in depth. ca is more better than mba and there is no comparison of mba and ca.lums is just a sign of dignity it is just a university for the indusrialist not for the normal person
There is no pakistan's university in world top 1000 university.Where is your lums in world ranking? And ca is the 7th accounting body in the world. just imagine
I didn't wanted to reply & reopen the old topic but couldn't help with icap being the 7th accountancy body!

May I ask from where you got these totally misleading & absurd stats & who on earth rates accountancy bodies of different countries as being better than the other (except on this forum!)

Really some ICAP students are so "over-complexed". Fortunately or unfortunately I've yet to see such a person in my professional life!
what about MBA from halei college of banking and finance of punjab university.
CA(pkn) is the best ,no match ..........but but but .....IF U pass.....otherwise go for LUMS..........but QUALITY professional is ...............ACA.....................
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by fsiddiqui</i>
<br />ASSALAMUALAIKUM!
I think nothing is comparable with CA neverthless if i would have choice to get admission in LUMS or ICAP i will prefer LUMS
but keep in mind to get in lums is difficult but rest of the procedure is not so cumbersome on the other hand to get in ICAP is so easy but to survive there is so dificult.
think before u do.
BEST OF LUcK.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

200% CORRECT
On what basis are people comparing the two degrees?
Curriculum?
Salary package?
Demand in industry?

If its Curriculum you are comparing then MBA Finance from LUMS might just take the lead but as far as the other two are concerned I think CA is definitely ahead of MBA Finance.
MBA from Allama Iqbal Open University is the best.
Technically LUMS is not a university, its just an institution. It doesn't even come in the world top 500 university ranking, but the University of Lahore does and was the first pakistani university to do so. CA is defiantly the better opinion...
Pages: 1 2