Accountancy Forum

Full Version: ACMA or MBA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Assalam O Alikum

I'm an engineer and network administrator by profession. But I'm very interested in the fields of economics, finance etc. Due to my job timings and other commitments, I am unable to attend regular/ evening classes and only able attend distance learning program.

Now I have 02 options for distance learning. One is MBA from Virtual University and other is ACMA from ICMAP. I'll be oblidged, if anybody could guide me which one is more suitable for me?
Sir
what i will advice you is to take admission in ICMAP because it has more opprtunities for you then M.B.A. and even if you will not be able to qualify(which i pray do not happen)you can be a part qualified. A part qualified CMA has its own worth and can apply for different posts.
But let me tel you one more thing. ICMAP is tougher then M.B.A. I mean i have seen M.B.A's even in examination days playing cricket and watching movies whole night and even then they were able to qualify. In ICMAP's case.its not that so. You are supposed to take your studies seriously(and i dont mean that you cant play cricket and watch movies). But you are supposed to give proper time to your studies. I remember when i was planing to take admission in ICMAP all my freinds said that it will be impossible for u to qualify. But now i am in final stage with only two papaers remaining and i had to work hard ro get to this position.

So my freind take the initiative. "God help those who help themselves"
Regards
Dear cma_masood,

Thanks a lot for your advice. With the name of Allah the Almighty, I've already taken admission in internet based Distance learning program of ICMAP.
Best of luck for ICMA