Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Establishment of Branch Office
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If a Pakistani Company wants to setup a overseas branch, what will be the Tax implications under pakistani tax laws.

Further if that branch is a liasion office, to what extent expenses will be claimed unter pakistan tax, if any case law has decided by the supirior courts on this issue, kindly refer...

Waiting for reply

Best Regards

You should consult any tax adviser in this regard

Webmaster
www.practiseislam.com
In my opinion as we know a resident local as well as foreign source income is liable for tax with an exception of salary this rule will be applied

Webmaster
www.practiseislam.com
Their exist double taxation treaties between Pakistan and different countries. If you are opening a branch in a country with a lower tax rate than us , then the difference will be taxed here. If the country has a higher tax rate then no tax. It has also to be seen that what is the pattern of establishment, if its an extension of your home office with a lot of transactions with you or its an investment with an annual or periodical return. Lastly if you act wisely you can employ other tricks like higher pricing to that country, or incorporating it there as independant company or frenchising etc. Consult a strategic business manager and a tax consultant. If need more advice e-mail me at aamersikandar@yahoo.com or write me at Aamer Sikandar & Co, Business Consultants, Opposite Income Tax Office, Multan. Ph 061-584130

Aamer Sikandar