Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Confused About Cima or Acca
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI GUYS,
I am confused that for which course I should go I m currently doing intermediate commerce. I am confused that whether i should go for Acca or Cima.Can u Guide me which course will open the door to a bright future.I have heard that Cima is currently in demand course and members of Cima get a handsome salary in pakistan or worldwide.what is the starting salary of both the certificates and what is their future in Pakistan plz clear all my misconceptions if there are any and guide me for which course i should go.tell me the starting slary of all the courses.and also tell me which is the best institute for Cima in karachi.waiting for ur reply
i depends which career u want to pursue in future if u opt to go for public practice mainly engaged in auditing, taxation or accounting then ACCA is the better option but if u would like to be a part of internal management of any company engaged in costing, forecasting & analysis, feasibility reporting and decision making then CIMA is the better option.
right now CIMA is considered to be much more rewarding than ACCA but comparatively costly tough and hectic.
i m doing CA. after completing my CA what should i opt for ACCA OR CIMA? I needed some information regarding CIMA can any one plzzz help me out???
HEy,, when U will complete CA, then no more extra course is needed to be completed for future eshtablishments. Yes If U complete CIMA and want to join CA then according to my knowledge 4 levels will be exempted
so what r the expemtions offered after doing C.A.
which one has got more demand ACCA or CIMA in foreign countries like UK,US
After doing CA Module A,B,C, and D you get exemptions from all the five papers of CERTIFICATE IN BUSINESS ACCOUNTANTING and if you complete CA you may get another exemption in the professional level.
If you do have any other query, please don't hesitate to ask......
CIMA is more industry focused than ACCA.
As a CIMA studier you should look beyond the financial aspects of the business, looking to develope your role into a more management position, focusing on what makes the business a success but not in just financial terms. Success is not just good financial control (think of the balanced score card approach). You should look to have an input and develope an understanding of all the areas of the companies activities.
Add to that at CIMA we don't cover in depth tax and avoid audit.
Pay scales are similar upto a point but with CIMA there is no real higher level in finance to aim, you should look beyond the fiance department for career goals.
Hope this helps.