Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Can any one help me in selecting a Tax Book?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Dear,

I want to update myself with Income Tax, Sales Tax, and other taxes applicable in Pakistan. For this purpose i want to purchase a book. Can any one help me in selecting a good book for this purpose?

I shall be grateful.

Zia ur Rahman
islamabad.
Go for "Synopsis of Taxes in Pakistan Tax Year 2007" by Mirza Munawar Hussain. It's very useful for the beginners as well as for the experienced people. But if you want to be an expert on tax laws then you can get S.A. Salam books on tax laws, which I don't recommend because they are meant for the professionals only.

Mahmood Chaudhry
ACA, ACCA
Dear Zia-ur-Rehman,

I also studied the Synopsis, as advised above by Mr. Mahmood, when I was in CA final.

However, subsequently, another book has been revealed that is not very much common at Lahore.

It is the book of PETTIWALA PUBLISHERS.

Whoever studied this book has advised not to opt for Munawar Mirza's book i.e. synopsis of taxes.

Therefore, go for the book published by PETTIWALA PUBLISHERS.

Best regards,

Kamran.
Dear Kamran Sb.

I'd be grateful if you could mention the title of the book by Pettiwala Publishers.
Dear,

My brother was referred in CA final TAX PAPER. He studied this book and qualified. At the moment, he is at Dubai. Let me ask him on msn messenger and then I will come back to you.

Regards,
I also had a referral in my final Tax Paper. Very interestingly at that time I was heading the Tax section of my firm and had in depth knowledge of taxation. Bear in mind that I was not doing the basic taxation but very complexed tax matters in respect of non residents, companies and individuals. Who knows )