Accountancy Forum

Full Version: RATES OF WHT ON DIFFERENT ITEMS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ASALAM O ALYKUM TO ALL
WHAT IS THE RATES OF WHT (With Holding Tax) ON DIFFERENT THINGS (for supplies and services etc)
Different Rates are applied to Different Categories, I like to Advice you to see the "Tax Payment Challan" It will help you to deduct W.H Tax accurately,

Here are some short scenario of With-Holding Tax rates,& I guess it will reduce your headache

1 - Payment to a resident personj on a/c of sale of goods = 3.5%
2 - Payment to a resident person on a/c of service charges= 6%
3 - On financing of CFS( Badla ) in shares business = 10%
4 - Payment to advertising agency for commision charged = 5%
5 - Cash withdrawal from Banks = 0.2%
6 - Brokerage or Commision = 10%
7 - goods imported = 6%

I would like to add the following

On Rent 5%
On Goods Transport Services 2%

Please note that WHT for non-residents is different. I dont think that you may be interested in that. But if you are, let me know and I'll provide the same.

Mahmood Chaudhry
ACA, ACCA
there is also a brochure of CBR in the name of Collection and Deduction of Tax At Source. So any one can see this brochure for detail. Mr. M. Chaudhry please write down the rate of WHT imposed on payment to non-resident. I shall be thankufl.

Zia ur Rahman
(Accounts Officer)
Would you like to tell me the complete link of SBR where i can see the details of WHT
Mr. Zia, the rates for non-residents are as below

- Payment against Royalty or Fee for Technical Services 15%
- Any other 30%

Please bear in mind that these rates may be reduced according to Double Taxation Treaties.

Mr. Javaid,

Go to www.cbr.gov.pk then click Forms and Publications on the main page. Click Income Tax and then Brochures.

Thank you very much M. Mahmood Chaudhry. thanks a lot. I think that this is very beneficial for us to conversate with each others.

Thanks.
zia ur rahman