Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Changing Registered Office of A Company.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Assalam-o-Alaykum

Our Company is a private limited located in F-8 Islamabad. We want to change our registered office from F-8 to Rawalpindi. In my information, we are required to submit Form 21 with fee to S.E.C.P. to change the address our registered office. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Please also inform me if there will be any other effect on the company before/after changing its registered office from Capital Territory (Islamabad) to Rawalpindi District.

Thanking you all.
Dear,

You will have to submit Form 21 for a change in your registered office.

However, you will also have to see the requirements of section 142 and section 21 of the Companies' Ordinance, 1984.

As per section 142, such notice is required to be filed with Registerar within 28 days of such change of address.

Section 21 requires to alter the Memorandum of Association as well on changing the registered office of the Company. This could be done by simply passing a Special Resolution in extra ordinary general meeting (or annual general meeting).

Section 21, in certain cases, requires to get confirmation from SECP through filing a petition.

However, since you are transferring your registered office from Islamabad (capital city) to the province of Punjab, you are not required to get any confirmation from SECP.

You will simply file Farm 21 along with paid challan of Rupees 200 and an altered copy of the Memorandum of Association along with duly certified copy of the special resolution passed by the members of the company in general meeting.

Best regards,

Kamran.