Accountancy Forum

Full Version: FA-2, Open-Book Policy of ICAP - Help needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<font face="Arial">Salam,
I have to appear in Mod-C paper of Financial Accounting-2 in September.
Being a PFC, I have not attended the lectures in RAETs this time. Please tell me about the Open-book policy applicable to FA-2 paper. I have already purchased the IFRS booklet issued by ICAP, but I don’t know what and how to study from it (from the exam point of view). Please also tell me which IAS do I need to concentrate on for the open book exam, and what sort of questions may be drafted for the open-book exam. I request any one of u, who has a solution to my problem to please urgently e-mail me at sk_awan84@yahoo.com.
I would appreciate ur urgent and thorough reply.
Thanks in anticipation. </font id="Arial">
Dear Sunny

By open book exams means they will allow you take with you in the examination Hall the Hard Copy of IFRS. In the mean time i shall make it clear that in 3 hours time you will not able to look IFRS and solve your problems. so its useless to take books with yourself. Definetly they will not ask the theoratical Q from ias. They have to adopt practicle approach so you should solve some of practical problems relating to Ifrs. One good book on practicle illustraitons of ifrs is from pac. and also the study text from pb publicaitons is helpfull.

Regards
Imran