Accountancy Forum

Full Version: MBA from Virtual University
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am Abbas and I yet completed B.Com from federal Urdu University, I need anyone from U to assist me in my subsequent decision.

I am going to take addmission into Virtual University for MBA and during that I will also join an organization for gathering good Experience. Having 2 years of experience with MBA then I will come to ACCA with expemtion of 5 1st papers. later on I try my level best to Complete CIMA too.

I heard people saying that " Dont join VU and better be active with any professional course if U dont have such resources".

I hope U understant what I really need.

Regards

S.M.Abbas Shah
i think you should go for ACCA or any other professional degree in which you are interested.
if you go for MBA then it is time consuming only and also may be your
passion for ACCA decrease.

Thanks

Muhammad Asim Saeed
<font color="green"><b>OOOOO Hello Bhai Jan,

Pihli bat ye hy kay ap QUIED-e-AZAM UNI, NUST, FAST, BAHRIA, INTL ISLAMIC UNI, AIR UNI meen try kareen

Ap sub say bihtar hay wahan Federal University hi meen MBA kareen.

Is Virtual University say to Allama Iqbal Open University our Al-Khair University.

Agay tumhari marzi</b></font id="green">
Now I don't have got very much knowledge in this regard. I friend of mine asked for a similar suggestion when he had to choose between VU and Allama Iqbal Open University (both I guess are same as far as the cost of the course in concerned. Then we came onto conclusion that AIOU is the better of two. AIOU is among very few Pakistan's univs having recognition abroad
Aslam o Alekam

MBA is indeed not waste of time especially if you do it from VU. Do u know Vu is a Federal University? It polishes one's hidden skills. MBA programme of Vu is very interesting one. I myself a student of Vu. Also I am a student of CA. As i lives in a city which do not have any CA registered Accounting Tutor institution, so when i decided to Join MBA programme. I consulted one of my teacher. He is a professor of MBA and M. Com both in Punjab University and AIOU. He advised me to join VU rather AIOU.
It is true that VU is one of pakistan's universities recognized abroad. But it is also a fact that it's MBA programme is not much recognized and popular. One can find this reality by visiting Market. Degree holders from AIOU find it much difficult to find well paid jobs after completion of their study.
But this problem is not with VU professionals. Only after a few years of its establishment VU has gain much repute in educational sector of Pakistan. Its professionals are working on high posts in well established and well reputed institutions.

But after discussing these facts i believe every one has its own views about everything.

Regards.
I am M.Com qualified and want to join ACCA. I shall suggest that the person must join ACCA directly. There is no doubt that master degree (M.Com/MBA) is not wastage of time but if a person has planned to join a professional body then he shall go directly. It will be better for him.
Secondly, there is only 04 papers exemption available for M.Com and MBA candidate.

Best Wishes
Zia ur Rahman
Hello,

Let me explain 1st that why I want to join professional bodies after MBA. The few months ago, I heard my friend, a student of ACCA at Al-Hamd, saying that he and his class fellows have completed 2nd level of ACCA and to cover up third level, we need to complete the internship and for that we all applied into the firms located in UK, only 3 candidates were seleted , in which two persons are MBAs and having 2 n 3 years of experince respectively. They have been completing ACCA as per requirement of their companies.

Now, I feel that if I complete MBA then thereafter ACCA or CIMA could be a shape of top cream on the Cake.

Regards
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by zurpk</i>
<br />I am M.Com qualified and want to join ACCA. I shall suggest that the person must join ACCA directly. There is no doubt that master degree (M.Com/MBA) is not wastage of time but if a person has planned to join a professional body then he shall go directly. It will be better for him.
Secondly, there is only 04 papers exemption available for M.Com and MBA candidate.

Best Wishes
Zia ur Rahman
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Goo Yaar[8D]
I have done MBA from Virtual University of Pakistan which is Internationally recognized and now I am doing job in Emirates Airlines. So brother our Pakistani believes only name not quality I suggest MBA 1st and then ACCA because having more degree is not wasting time

Jawad sahab.

Kya MBA k papers computer based hotay hain. like aap nay UAE main papers diya hain MBA k VU say. Kya saray papers Computer based hain ? personally i need detail infos about VU. but i don;t know how often u visit this forum. please do guide me when u have time.

Regards.
You can visit many other VU related forums for this kind of information.......
Thanks

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by yasir_live</i>
<br />
Jawad sahab.

Kya MBA k papers computer based hotay hain. like aap nay UAE main papers diya hain MBA k VU say. Kya saray papers Computer based hain ? personally i need detail infos about VU. but i don;t know how often u visit this forum. please do guide me when u have time.

Regards.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">