Accountancy Forum

Full Version: After ACCA ???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello everyone
I am currently a student of ACCA core papers and looking forward to become and affiliate soon. I am confused that whether I should apply for a job after ACCA or apply in an audit firm... my future aim is to do CA... so would you please guide me what and which way to adopt.

Muqtader Abbas Shah
AOA!

Well muqtader, if ur aim is to do CA then audit firm is the only Choice u have. Getting a job can lead u on to becoming an ACCA member but not lead to CA.

Coming to this Forum, i guess, u do belong to Pakistan & if u want to do CA from Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP) u'll have to get registered with a member of ICAP. I've heard that a couple of ICAP members have practices in UAE, somebody from UAE will be able to guide u in that respect.

Coming to Pakistan, well ACCA affiliates can get registered with principals for 3 year training contracts, this will lead to both ACCA membership & eligibility to appear in ICAP examinations. Almost all firms including all the large ones offer training contracts to ACCA affiliates provided u qualify their selection crieteria [interview(s) & or test]

Best of Luck.

Ed.

Security is merely a superstition, Life is either a daring adventure or nothing!
thanks adnan for a co-operative hand..
well CA in my view definately requires financial stability and that too for years .. what if a person wants to be financial stable according to the culture of pakistan u might be aware of.. would you please guide me accordingly....

Muqtader Abbas Shah