Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Auditing Process
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Dear Seniors,
AOA, Please let me know about the Auditing Process, I mean from where it starts and where it ends ( all stages of audit).

Control testing, Substantive Testing, Audit procedures and methods to apply the audit procedures.

I am expecting answer from Qualified Persons.

Thanks

Dear,

It's very strange to ask such question on the forum.

Do you expect some one to reproduce here the contents of all the International Standards on Auditing? It would be a messive work.

Why don't you study some good book on auditing? It would be more beneficial for you.

If you need I can advise you about some good books for building up the concepts.

Regards,

KAMRAN.
Dear Sir,
I'll be very thankful to you. Please suggest some good Books. Actually I am preparing on selfstudy basis for this subject. therefore, facing great deal of problems.

Dear Sir, Please Suggest..

Thanks
Auditing by A.H. Millichamp is a good book for beginners. This is the book usually suggested by the professional academies. However, you may need to study ISA (International standards on Auditing) as well, depending on the requirements of examinations you are preparing for.

Regards,
Dear,

I was about to suggest the same book, as have been pointed out by Mr. Idrees.

When you will have some basic knowledge then you must study International Standards on Auditing because huge changes have been witnessed in audit methodolgies and concepts during the recent years.

Howevers, basics are same. That's why the book suggested will make a good foundation.

Regards,

KAMRAN.
Thanks to Dear Sir.Kamran and Dear Brother Idrees