Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Best Way
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Dear Seniors,

I am preparing P2 Corporate Reporting for the December 2008 exam sitting, Please guide me what is the best way to prepare this paper.

also please put some light on F9 + P1 + P2.

Hoping for nice replies.
me too preparing for P2 for december
P2-Corporate Reporting course contains three components.

-Consolidation(50 Marks Compulsory Question).
-Accounting Standards(50 Marks).
-Adoption of IFRS and Current Developments(25 Marks); Students usually left this question in choice.

-50 Marks Compulsory question on Consolidation further divided in to two components.
---Consolidation Mechanics(IAS-27, IFRS-3, IAS-28(For Associates) and IAS-31(For Joint Ventures)); Only 15 to 20 Marks are available on Consolidation Mechanics in this paper out of 50 marks.

---Other Accounting Standards(IAS-12, IAS-16, IAS-19, IAS-21, IAS-36, IAS-32 and 39 and IFRS-2 ); 30 to 35 Marks on Examinability of these accounting standards in consolidation as adjustments are available out of 50 marks.

-High Profile and Complex Accounting Standards and their Applications are examined in this section. Accounting Standards like IAS-12, IAS-19, IAS-36, IAS-37, IAS-38, IAS-32 and 39, IFRS-2, IFRS-5, IFRS-7 and IFRS-8(Previously IAS-14) are almost featured in every sitting.

You can not pass this paper alone on the basis of your number crunching skills. You need to study accounting standards in good depth. One most important thing is that if you are taking tuition for this paper and you want to pass it in first attempt please don't become teacher dependant.

The best way to study this paper is that first start with consolidation mechanics and then accounting standards.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">also please put some light on F9 + P1 + P2.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

If you are a full time student then these three papers will not create any problem to you.
Dear Amir Bhai, I am very thankful to you, for providing such a useful guidance.

Please also Guide me about P1 Professional Accountant.

Thanks