Accountancy Forum

Full Version: ACCA vs CA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ali Akbar</i>
<br />AOA

Ref to Mr lion king's post.

Can you compare the examination system of CA and ACCA. There is hell of difference between them. Have you seen choice in the papers of ICAP? You people get the books of ATFL only, and you can cover all the syllabus and accordingly attempt all the paper. Unlike you, we have to study at least 3-4 books for each subject and after that we have no surety that full paper will be attempted. How can you say that ACCA is better than CA.

Compare the policies of articleship. I have seen many students of ACCA working in thier own colleges as liabrarian to complete their 3 years articleship. Is this not rediculous?

When section 254 of Companies Ordinance says that only CA can be the auditor, then you people get annoyed, this is bcz CAs get polished through a systemetic process, not like ACCA who can complete his 3 years articles no matter as a librarian/receptionist.
If ACCAs were the best than CAs then they would have made their place in Pakistan so far!

ICAP is the best.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
I have read your comments about ACCA in various other Sections also . Before I go further, let me back up a moment.

For the sake of this discussion, I want you to forget all the technical benefits listed . Forget the dreams of interoperability and portability of your content between ACCA and ACA . Forget how much time and money would be saved if you will choose ACCA or CA.

As there comes a point in time when the actions of a few can have a profound impact on the many. In situations like these, the many must find a system of checks and balances in order to protect themselves either from the mistakes of the few, or worse, greed and power mongering of the few. Without a system of checks and balances, the many should hardly ever be surprised when the few either abuse their power, act in a fashion that neglects the needs of the many, or make mistakes that cost the many on the same grand scale that the Foundation affected the Galactic Empire. So i hope whenever you will speak u would be backed up by evidence. So first learn, then speak, otherwise plz be quiet. I think students should stick with what they know the best, and leave the technical issues to more technical prople.

For some of the occasions, we have the luxury of carefully planning and crafting our response, but most of the time we have to formulate our response on the spot. That certainly seems to be the problem accociated with the people who try to find faults in ACCA.

You have jumped into the fray without carefully thinking through the various implications of your statements. You have displayed more emotion than logic, made sweeping charges beyond what could reasonably be supported, failed to adequately document your assertions, and, in general, have failed to do the homework necessary to make your challenges credible.

Unfortunately, at this time, there are no courses on the proper way to criticize paranormal claims. So far as I know, no manuals or books of rules are currently available to guide us/you. Its a matter of judjment. Ali you should adhere to certain principles/standards.

The failure to consistently live up to these standards have exposed you to a number of hazards. You have found ourselves going beyond the facts at hand. You may fail to communicate exactly what we intended. You have confused the members as to what are trying to achieve. You have unwittingly put paranormal proponents in the position of underdogs and created sympathy for them, and, as I already mentioned, you have made my task much more easier.

---------------------------------------------
If I could... Then I would... Turn back time!!
AOA

Wt do u want to say, be clear n concise. Can u stop me from comments??
Who u are??

I wanna clear n concise answer.

ICAP is the best.
I have noticed some of the members who deem themselves to be the legends of this forum!!!. They think that new commers r idiots. My foot. Where do u live I wanna a meet u. It seems that you have some problem with me n my comments n my favour of ICAP. I m waiting for ur response

ICAP is the best.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ali Akbar</i>
<br />I have noticed some of the members who deem themselves to be the legends of this forum!!!. They think that new commers r idiots. My foot. Where do u live I wanna a meet u. It seems that you have some problem with me n my comments n my favour of ICAP. I m waiting for ur response

ICAP is the best.
Okay, I'm going to clearly say what was the problem with my post Ali. You keep saying rude remarks about ACCA and go on to compare it with ACA. First mistake is one mistake that you keep doing over and over again, and it's putting words in our mouths. I only hate one thing in this whole world, and it's a nationality which I won't mention because it will cause a big riot, and it's because of some personal life experiences I had.

Also, typed out words don't have any emotions unless otherwise implied (someone said those exact same words elsewhere, don't remember who but I'm quoting whoever it is because I strongly agree). The problem you have is that you just seem to enjoy saying that we like to assume.

You are a very good poster here Ali. Mantain your respect and always support your arguments with evidence. The only thing I have ever seen you say about ACCA is this "Easy easy easy easy". Geez..... get over it. You are the only user in here that I have seen get angry so easily, it's as if you were some walking time bomb with a 1 second lifespan. I get accused of hating the world alot but those that know me understand that it's just my sense of humor,I didnt meant to be personal.

If one of a ACCA makes an ass out of himself (by beeing a librarein), then blame him, not the whole group. Dont blame ACCA. Beleive me it isnt easy my friend. So, I guess it's up to you to decide, either just learn to smile and accept reality, or just completely ignore us, because I am very damn sure that none of us will ever change.

PS Yes, I finally got aggravated by this very stupid argument. My glucose levels finally got out of balance and that's what pretty much drives me to start getting angry. I directed this mostly towards Ali, but the whole post goes to every single user in this forum. The whole ACCA vs CA thing has got to stop, it's insanely STUPID.

Let me spell that out for those of you who are narrow minded or just lack brains.

S T U P I D, it's that word some of you spell as STOOPID.

u are right ALI akbar.IT seems that these acca qualified people have a inferiority complex and feel jealous of the ca people and the moment they see anybody from icap writing against acca,they start a personal abuse against that person.

i had a similar discussion with these acca qualified people regarding the examination system of acca and ca and they all went against me and started abusing me.

whats really astonishing is that they all call themselves the seniors of this forum which off course they are but their replies lack seniority and maturity.

bilal
first of all i must apologise to ALI AKBAR and BILAL AZHAR........For what???.....i didnot condenm LION KING for his immature post. Believe me or not i didn't read his post, and had i read it, i would have condenmed him the same way i condenmed Mr Azhar sometine back.

Since Mr AKBAR has done the honours I would only suggest all of you to avoid defaming the professional qualifications.

No matter how proud you are of what you have done or doing, it doesn't give you the right to malign other professional qualification(s).

Its not that I am stopping you from presenting your comments, but your comments should be within the confines of professionlism, otherwise, it will only make everyone of us feel ticked off.

Being a professional accountant myself (ACCA for your surprise), I can understand your sentiments when somebody criticises or tries to slander ICAP. But I, on behalf of all members/students of all the professional bodies (particularly ACCA) expect EQUAL if not more respect from you and when somebody tries to disrespect ACCA (these four letters are part of my name) I feel the same way you felt after reading Lion King's post. I dont know how to make my message more clearer and easier to understand, I hope you understand the jist of it.

I dont really want to reply to Mr Azhar's post, I have said enough to him.

He is talking about INFERIORITY COMPLEX? I can only laugh on that.

He is refering to a discussion regarding examination system but he hasn't got enough guts to give links. These are the discussions he refered

http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1526&whichpage=8

http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1526&whichpage=9

http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1830&whichpage=2

http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1830&whichpage=3

http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1830&whichpage=4

As long as we are willing to respect all the qualifications, I would be more than happy to discuss any issue regarding ACCA/CA you would like to discuss.

Kind regards

"You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now."
Much more discussions, debates, comments & criticisms have been passed on to the two most prominent professional qualification ACCA & CA but no one could get a conclusive remarks on both certification courses & in my viewpoint, its an all time debate which would never be ended. So I request to all of the Forum Members to please stop that rigorious discrimination b/w ACCA & CA

YES ALI ... If you realy want to make some positive & relevent comments on the topic then no body can interfere your post & I can understand your thoughts, feelings, inspirations associated with the ICAP & definitely We, ACCA's, have to accept that we can not beat fully CA's, here in pakistan( only pakistan ) & its TRUE.....But ALI, you are blaming continouosly ACCA's that these are not perfect in his/her own qualification & Training requirements( like a librarian) then Dear I like to say that every person are not the same as him, this is just one example So please dear dont give some strenious arguments against the whole group of ACCA. ALI, I am doing ACCA, & it might be possible that I have no relevent paper based knowledge as compare to CA's papers but we ACCA's are still a big Trouble Shooter in pakistan & a RED Alaram Bell against CA's. thats why CA students have to get an additional qualification during an articleship, because you think that ACCA's can get a market share. As far as Training requirement of ACCA's is concerned, So imagine that IF a person have qualified ACCA & then have gained a training period in one of the big 4 then might be possible that ACCA qualified person have made a real worth of his/her certificates. These All factors are dependent upon a person who are doing ACCA then in which way he can make & get a reputable worth of his ACCA certificates( not always the case of librarian).ALI & AZHAR, I live in Karachi(one of the biggest industry of Accountants in pakistan)& beleive that i have no intention to do CA,despite the fact that CA is best in pakistan, although i have much time to complete it. My first objective is to achieve some professional qualifications(but not CA of pak) then get an article with atleast one of the big 4 & then balance it with earning money.

ALI & AZHAR, soon I will also get these four words ( ACCA ) after my initial name. But I much dishearted your negative comments on ACCA ... you also have to accept these facts that ACCA is also exist in pakistan. Think in a broader sense & show some professionalism. Remarks, comments, should be given but please dear give comments positively instead of criticising aggressively. This is not a professional attitude.

& Finally, I would like to request to all forum Members to please stop that topic furthermore.

ASIF ALI
AZeem why are u creating links time after time.i never ever abused acca qualifications in any of my posts(if i did then please quote that link).what i was trying to say was that it is easy to pass acca paper than a ca paper and i am still firm in my belief.

u have created the link for inferiority complex,please search my posts and create a link for jealouy as well.

u say that i have acca with my name,the same goes with us(although we are still not complete ca).it is very disappointing to see that after so much hard work and desperation one gets pass an icap paper and an acca qualified comes and say that acca papers are difficult to pass than ca paper.i really cant bear that,no matter whatever u say, ca papers are difficult to pass than acca paper.u can create thousands links,u can personally abuse me thousands times,u can posts thousands replies but the fact is that ca paper is difficult than acca.

thats it.no more comments to this topic.

bilal
AOA

If a person like Lion King opens his mouth against CAs then I will defend them. Thats all. No further comments on my post plz. Just stop the discussion, as it is endless.

ICAP is the best.
Dear Bilal and Ali

Thats fair. No more mud throwing.

Bilal, I am sure you would re-assess your self-claimed belief or FACT as you call it, once you will appear in ACCA papers.

I do agree with the fact that the CHIOCE based examination system makes ACCA papers slightly easier to attempt but I can surely say that it doesn't make much difference. I think the most important thing that makes ACCA easier compared to CA is the marking system, paper pass basis and the well laid out syllabus.

As Ali mentioned, an ACCA student needs to study only a couple of text books to cover the syllabus whereas a student of ICAP doesn't have this luxury because ICAP's syllabus is not clear. I dont know if it is a good thing to have.

Since we are on the same grounds now, I believe we can now discuss things about the systems both PROFESSIONAL bodies follow.

I dont know which part you are appearing in, I have studied most of the financial/advance financial, costing/advance costing, financial mgt/ strategic financial mgt books which you guys study. Whether it is Gupta, Shukla, Saxena or what have you. I am not convinced if this is a good idea to have an ambigous syllabus so that students study all the books in the world. One should only study what is relevant. Giving you an example. I was appearing in ICMA's Financial accounting paper few years back and in my paper I found a question on FUND FLOW STATEMENT. Now tell me who on earth prepares Fund Flow Statement in todays world. Sadly students of ICAP and ICMA face this problem which forces them to study all the books in the library. You might argue that more study means more knowledge........pragmatically thats incorrect!!! and the truth is Effecient study means more knowledge.

Oh yes! one more thing, Ali I will be with you condenming people if they say anything IMMATURE about ICAP. And I promise I will not tolerate anything IMMATURE against ACCA either, I have always done that and will always do.

Kind regards

"You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now."
<br />AOA

If a person like Lion King opens his mouth against CAs then I will defend them. Thats all. No further comments on my post plz. Just stop the discussion, as it is endless.

ICAP is the best.
<b>Referring to Ali</b>
My heart goes out to you, because lots of us have been in your shoes. If walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it is a duck. Do not let him just brush this under the rug or make you seem silly for pushing for answers. His behavior is VERY suspect. I am sorry to say it like that, but it is true. Do not doubt your gut instinct. Perhaps it is nothing, but I think your gut is telling you differently, and many of us here wish we had heeded early warning signs

Stand up for yourself. Don't accept less than the answer you are looking for and one you are comfortable with. If you feel like he is still hiding the truth, he probably is. Ali i am sorry if caused you trouble in anyway or in anysense.

<b>Referring to Azeem</b>
You're a great Azeem. despite what some of the paper pushers might believe, this profession is still about the people and the necessity of cultivating a strong bedside manner, for the living as well as the dying. Although it's so hard to be the support for such forum, the knowledge of how much your demeanor and consideration in such a traumatic time helps the members of this forum is tremendous.

<b>Referring to Bilal</b>
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">it is very disappointing to see that after so much hard work and desperation one gets pass an icap paper and an acca qualified comes and say that acca papers are difficult to pass than ca paper.i really cant bear that,no matter whatever u say, ca papers are difficult to pass than acca paper.u can create thousands links,u can personally abuse me thousands times,u can posts thousands replies but the fact is that ca paper is difficult than acca.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
It is always in the way people like you post. No facts to support your stance only contempt for anyone who questions you. You wish it was over but it is just beginning. Get your rest you are going to need it.

hi all...
yes....
some one...! for sure, seems to run this topic longer thant any other discussion.

cheers..

ACCA
hello again...
some friend of mine told me that about a 100 CA's got passed this year by ICAP...
if its true..????
i think they realised the demand of ACCA and CIMA here...??
regards...

ACCA
Lion King

Your opinions are based on what you have experienced, you cannot impose your opinions on anyone, even if they are correct. The only way to convince and prove your point is RATIONALE.

Although I don't disagree with you on some of your points but there are some issues which I don't agree with either.

The worst part is not WHAT you wrote - it is the WAY you wrote.

I hope I don't need to go in detail. I would request you to be a bit more positive and re-phrase your opinions in a way that everybody can learn from it in a good spirit.

I am still awaiting Bilal and Ali's reply to my previous posts. I am very optimistic to see a big change in their EXPRESSION too.

Kind regards

AOA again

I hve seen members writing long posts. Sorry as I said earlier just stop this discussion, u might hve much time but I hve none. No comments.

ICAP is the best.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35