Accountancy Forum

Full Version: ACCA vs CA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Go for CA its good., ACCA advertises itself as "international", the reality is that the ACA has been recognized in Australia and many other countries (outside the United Kingdom) as ACCA.
For the information of those persons who consider ACCA better than CA. At present there are only 5322 persons who are qualified Chartered Accountants from ICAP. And ACCA are so much like stones on the road.
hey ICAP students dont take it serious men! Enjoy the discussion!!
ACCA hahahaha
Why most people doing ACCA thinks that they will a get a job in other countries easily . I have 2 questions for ACCAians

1--- Why would a foreigner employer chooses other nationality ACCAian instead of his own country's ACCAian , also u r not the only one who would be applying for the job , there will be people from other countries too . Do you think you can compete them ?

2--- Why do ACCA seek exemptions of ICAP's CA . ACCA thinks that they are far more superior than Pakistan's CA but crying on every forum that ICAP is creating discrimination b/w CA and ACCA .Why ?

I also notice that most of the people who are near to their completion of ACCA says that they should have done CA rather than ACCA . I also read an ACCAian commenting in a topic on Facebook that even in UK they prefer CA over ACCA .
Hi

Your Q1 is kind of interesting so perhaps my reply could satisfy your query. There could be 2 types of foreign countries like one which don't have their own major accounting qualifications such as Middle Eastern countries. The other type of countries are those western countries which have their own major accounting qualifications such as Canada or Australia etc.

Now, as you know ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW have their direct MRAs with qualifications of such western countries, qualified members of ACCA etc. from Pakistan may get membership of these targeted foreign association from Pakistan. This way their chances of employability, mobility, earning potential, immigration, ease in transition, and settlement increase much more in such western countries.

Pakistani members of ACCA/CIMA/ICAEW are also required in gulf countries' job market.

They are also eligible for jobs in Pakistan.

So, foreign qualifications available in Pakistan provide them access to jobs in Pakistan as well as in foreign countries and make transition/ life easy.

As far as competition for job is concerned, it depends on luck, skills, and hardwork.

I hope it helps.

Regards

Note I have never been a student of ACCA, CIMA, or ICAEW.

Thanx toronto_boy for ur reply but still I m uncleared .
As far as I know usually CAs of Pakistan has been working in gulf countries for a long time , dunno about ACCAs . On the other hand , in western countries , only Pakistanis are not seeking for job , what about Indians , bangladeshis , sri lanka and other countries , aren't they searching for ? They are better than us in almost every field of life ( Thanks to Status Quo Ante ) . Western people don't like us . They say ' Pakistani can never be a tourist. ' . We are also now labelled as terrorist . Will they still prefer us instead of other countries ?
I also wrote in last para of my previous comment , about the views of Acca finalist and no one should think that finding a job in Pakistan is easy .

Btw what have you doing or are doing ? As ur not an Acca , cima .
Dear

You have raised many points. I would try to reply.

Regarding jobs in gulf countries for ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW, CFA, CIA, and CMA (USA), you may search yourself through internet and at other job forums. All such qualifications are available in Pakistan these days.

On what basis you think that Indians, Bangladeshies, or SriLankans are better than Pakistanies??? Just one example for you, more than 10,000 Pakistani origin doctors are working in USA alone, set aside all other fields and countries. So, why didn't their recruiters prefer other nationals over those Pakistani doctors? Don't you know that Pakistanies are working abroad in almost all fields/ countries? Don't you know that millions of Pakistanies live and work abroad? So, why did their foreign employers recruite them? Presence of Pakistanies in all these fields and foreign countries itself is a proof that they can do the job.

Dear, competition is there in every field and every where. So what. Prepare yourself for that. Otherwise you would be cornered. Are you doing CA (assuming) thinking that there won't be any competition once you complete it? Or to be a better prepared accountant for competition.

Foreign western employers prefer their own designations (if they have) like Canadian employers prefer their own designations. As I said earlier, a Pakistani member of ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW can get foreign designations through MRA. This way he becomes preferred one for foreign employers as compared to other applicants who don't have those required qualifications. For example, a Pakistani ACCA member would get CGA through MRA and would be preferred one for Canadian employers as compared to those who don't have Canadian designations. But then he would have to compete with other qualified/ eligible applicants. Now if you say Pakistani applicants can't compete just because they are Pakistanis then I can't help you.

I don't wanna indulge myself in ACCA v/s CA debate. So, can't reply what ACCAs or CAs say.

Moreover, finding a job has never been easy, in-fact its not even easy abroad. However, candidates who are prepared for competition would carve their share no matter where the job is.

I studied economics, then did CPA (AICPA) and CIA. Now living and working in Canada.

Regards
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Toronto_Boy</i>
<br />Dear

You have raised many points. I would try to reply.

Regarding jobs in gulf countries for ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW, CFA, CIA, and CMA (USA), you may search yourself through internet and at other job forums. All such qualifications are available in Pakistan these days.

On what basis you think that Indians, Bangladeshies, or SriLankans are better than Pakistanies??? Just one example for you, more than 10,000 Pakistani origin doctors are working in USA alone, set aside all other fields and countries. So, why didn't their recruiters prefer other nationals over those Pakistani doctors? Don't you know that Pakistanies are working abroad in almost all fields/ countries? Don't you know that millions of Pakistanies live and work abroad? So, why did their foreign employers recruite them? Presence of Pakistanies in all these fields and foreign countries itself is a proof that they can do the job.

Dear, competition is there in every field and every where. So what. Prepare yourself for that. Otherwise you would be cornered. Are you doing CA (assuming) thinking that there won't be any competition once you complete it? Or to be a better prepared accountant for competition.

Foreign western employers prefer their own designations (if they have) like Canadian employers prefer their own designations. As I said earlier, a Pakistani member of ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW can get foreign designations through MRA. This way he becomes preferred one for foreign employers as compared to other applicants who don't have those required qualifications. For example, a Pakistani ACCA member would get CGA through MRA and would be preferred one for Canadian employers as compared to those who don't have Canadian designations. But then he would have to compete with other qualified/ eligible applicants. Now if you say Pakistani applicants can't compete just because they are Pakistanis then I can't help you.

I don't wanna indulge myself in ACCA v/s CA debate. So, can't reply what ACCAs or CAs say.

Moreover, finding a job has never been easy, in-fact its not even easy abroad. However, candidates who are prepared for competition would carve their share no matter where the job is.

I studied economics, then did CPA (AICPA) and CIA. Now living and working in Canada.

Regards
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Hi Dear Toronto Boy,

I was too currious to know about your profeessional qualification. Thats good anyhow I am feeling well to talk you after very long time.
There would another addition to list of above qualifications soon, InshaAllah.

Anyhow, its good to see your post too...
Wish you good luck
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35