Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Suitable accounting degree for teaching
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
AOA i am the student of MS(fin) leading to Phd. I want some information for a suitable degree in accounting which helps me teaching students and doing some job in future.
The Ph.D degree or even MS degree is enough for teaching accounting at MBA or BBA levels but to teach accounting to Professional Accountants like ACMA's and CA's you have to must posses the ACMA or CA qualification. However in some cases you can also teach these subjects to ACMAs and CAs
please please i request you come and teach here in UAE if u can. we ACCA students badly need teachers for ACCA here.
Rabia,

Should I come there to teach ACCA students? Kidding!

There are lots of ACCAs and CAs, why they don't join hands for teaching the new comers even on commercial basis?

KAMRAN.
mr kamran i wish u were not kidding . CA's and ACCA'S are busy with their own jobs. one can expect to work 8 to 10 hrs and spend another 2 hrs in trafiic jams in uae . in our institute teachers keep changing like patients in a hospital. it becomes more like a trauma when a tecaher leaves and the student has to sit at home, knowing that the exam is near. this time we finished our exam syllabus only 1 week before the exam.

mr kamran for a very long time i have been wanting to apologize to you. i threw ridiculous stuff at u which i shouldnt have. somewhere i got pulled into this senseless CA vs ACCA debate. i started acting like a silly kid arguing with her senior not knowing what the senior is trying to explain. so really i am sorry. never in my life have i argued with my senior but because of the atmosphere created in that thread i got pulled in. sorry one again.

regards
rabia

Rabia,

I always keep on arguing with students with the hope that one day they will realize there was no wrong intention behind advising them. Some people feel it wrong at my part when they see such arguments. Some also feel that I have nothing to do at my job.

I, however, never cared for contradictory remarks and my problem is that I cannot accede to illogical or wrong things.

I am thankful to you for your words. I never took you negatively because I knew it from the onset that you were just unaware of the facts.

Regards,

KAMRAN.
mr kamran thank you for understanding.
Rabia,

You are welcome.

I also understand other buddies like Khalid. I know one day they will realize the facts. You, if visit previous threads, would come to know that Amir was pretty good at opposing me specially about my conclusion for ACCA in Pakistan. He understood it eventually that I was not wrong. Although he has taken it more seriously. He will calm down very soon I hope.

Regards,

KAMRAN.
AoA, first of all thanks you people for responsing towards my question.(i am also glad to witness the things settled between you although i dont know the background.)
infect, while doing this rank of my educational carrier, i want to be the best at accounts also, with finance. So i asked that.please do inform me if somehting works for me to achieve my goals
with regards
M ZIA
if so many accas and cas are in uae and they are not teaching than i think salaries are low for salaries... or not?
Zia, just to add to what has been said above a professional degree may add 'perspective' if not content. If your target students are going to be academic student ie MSc, MBA etc your present degrees will more than suffice, however if you are looking towards the professional spectrum that is 'Chartered Accountants' the practice around the world is to be one of them. Here in the UK increasingly teachers/educationists are opting for ACCA (more flexible) and CAs. In the US every educationist worth his salt is a CPA. Let us know if this helps, On a personal note I'd be interested to know what Universities you are working with and the time scales on the Phd. I gather these are Pakistani Unis. If you are not comfortable to make it public I'd appreciate if you'd email me through this form. Thanks