Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Questions regading CAT, ACCA and PIPFA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Assalam-o-Aliqum!

I am new in accountancy because i study computer science in Fsc and i have no idea about accountancy degrees. I spend my 6 months to know about CA,CAT,ACCA,PIPFA,CPA,CFA.
I know alot about CA of icap.
But in the remaining i am getting confused.

!--------------CAT---------------!
When i visit any accountancy college web site i found there that if some body done CAT then he can transfer to ACCA professional scheme.Does it means that only acadmic qualified student of CAT who does not have any Practical experience transfer to professional scheme or acadmic+practical qualified students are transfer to ACCA professional scheme.

!--------------ACCA---------------!
When i visit this website a lot of student say that CA and ACCA are same but when i visit any Chartered accountancy web site they require 3-5 years articleship or training experience.But i dont know the practice time of ACCA.

!--------------PIPFA---------------!
What is this ?
Does it help a ca student/qualified?
what is its advantages?
Is there any exemption for PIPFA qualified in CA of ICAP.

!------------CFA and CPA-----------!
[?]

Dont mind my this type of question .
Please help me seniors.
Regards
choclatey
CAT-
practical experience is not required to transfer to ACCA. On completion of 9 papers , a student will receive exemptions from first 3 papers of ACCA only.

ACCA practical experience -
http//www.accaglobal.com/join/acca/experience

Dear choclatey !
You forgot to get information regarding Institute of Cost & Management Accountants (ICMAP). Try to get some information regarding this institute, for a bright future in Management Accountancy.

Regards,
Hello!
Thanks for the information Rabia.

Danish,
If you have any info about ICMAP.
But i want to know about the PIPFA that what is PIPFA.
any pipfa qualified can recieve exemption from ICAP or any other international accountancy body.
Regards
choclatey
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by choclatey</i>
<br />Assalam-o-Aliqum!

I am new in accountancy because i study computer science in Fsc and i have no idea about accountancy degrees. I spend my 6 months to know about CA,CAT,ACCA,PIPFA,CPA,CFA.
I know alot about CA of icap.
But in the remaining i am getting confused.

!--------------CAT---------------!
When i visit any accountancy college web site i found there that if some body done CAT then he can transfer to ACCA professional scheme.Does it means that only acadmic qualified student of CAT who does not have any Practical experience transfer to professional scheme or acadmic+practical qualified students are transfer to ACCA professional scheme.

!--------------ACCA---------------!
When i visit this website a lot of student say that CA and ACCA are same but when i visit any Chartered accountancy web site they require 3-5 years articleship or training experience.But i dont know the practice time of ACCA.

!--------------PIPFA---------------!
What is this ?
Does it help a ca student/qualified?
what is its advantages?
Is there any exemption for PIPFA qualified in CA of ICAP.

!------------CFA and CPA-----------!
[?]

Dont mind my this type of question .
Please help me seniors.
Regards
choclatey
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Dear Choclatey

PIPFA is the associate member of International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), the world organization for the accounting profession. IFAC's mission is to develop and enhance the profession to enable it to provide services of consistently high quality in the public interest. Its current membership consists of 155 professional accounting bodies in 113 countries representing more than 2.4 million accountants in practice, education, government service, industry and commerce. PIPFA, ICAP and ICMAP are the only three institutions of Pakistan having representation with IFAC.

The three sponsoring bodies - Institute of Chartered Accountants, Institute of Cost & Management Accountants and Department of Auditor General of Pakistan have continuous stakes in running the affairs of PIPFA through combined representation of 75% on the Board of Governors. I m student of PIPFA final stage as u ask the adv. u can get exemption of foundation stage of ca A & B Modules.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by choclatey</i>
<br />Hello!
Thanks for the information Rabia.

Danish,
If you have any info about ICMAP.
But i want to know about the PIPFA that what is PIPFA.
any pipfa qualified can recieve exemption from ICAP or any other international accountancy body.
Regards
choclatey

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
HELLO
I M PIPFA QUALIFIED
PIPFA IA A PROFISSIONAL QUALIFICATION
LIKE CAT, ACCA
AFTER PIPFA CA OF ICAP, ICMAP, ACCA AND SOME OTHER INSTITUTE OFFER SOME EXEMPTION.
IF U WANT FURTHER DETAILS U CAN ASK
You may also visit
www.PIPFA.Org.Pk
Assalam-e-Allikum,

Regarding whole conversation, I wanted to know that if I would done <b>PIPFA </b>then what exemption will I get in <b>ACCA</b>?

Waiting for your swift response.

Thank you.
<b><i>Umar</i></b>
Exemption from F2 & F3 of ACCCA
shukar ha kisi na pipfa ki be thori bohat tareef ki warna yahan to pipfa ko lift he nahi karwata
zeeshan i have cleared my b.com i wannetd to get admission in pipfa. plz tell what is public, punjab, and corporate student in pipfa? what is the difference in them