Accountancy Forum

Full Version: what is the procedure of getting into CA Articles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey salaam every1.
i have a little question to ask. i am currently in last year of my 3 yrs BSc degree in Accounting and Finance ( University of London External ) . i will get my degree confirmation in sept this year InshAllah. beside my B.Sc i appeared in level 1 of CFA in dec 08 and cleared it. now i will be appearing in Level 2 in june 2010 ( cudnt give level 2 this year because it requires a BSc degree )

now i m thinking of getting CA designation along with CFA. wat is the procedure for this ? i checked out icap website n it says that i can directly get into training and clear modules while training.

wat r my chances of finding myself articles here in pakistan ( preferrably lhr or isd). how should i apply and when should i apply considering that i will get formal degree confirmation in sept 09. sud i visit training firms personally? does clearing level 1 makes my case of getting into articles stronger?

replies would be apprecaited
thnx alot
tamour
Dear Pervez.

First of all congratulation on passing CFA level 1 and best of luck for part two& three.

You can directly enroll for Graduate Training Scheme in any of the approved training firms in Pakistan on the basis of your graduation degree, after clearing/exempting PPT.

Please note that your graduation degree must equivalent to Pakistani graduate degree. For equivalency check HEC website.

Yes you can apply for training in any of the Firm approved by ICAP. You have very higher chances that you will be accepted in any firm.

You can join anytime on the basis of your CFA level 1, and after getting proper approval from ICAP , you can transfer into CA mandatory internship.

Best of Luck.

thnx alot for ur reply sumairalam.

and one more thing. how much role does an articleship from a good auditing firm plays in getting jobs .
In my personal opinion it will effect on a great extent. But it depends on personal skills and contacts also.

Personal choices are also there.

No concrete answer. but in your case you will get in any firm you choose.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tamour pervez</i>
<br />thnx alot for ur reply sumairalam.

and one more thing. how much role does an articleship from a good auditing firm plays in getting jobs .

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">