Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Scope of ACCA in Canada or New Zealand
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hi

I am an ACCA affiliate currently working in a Big 4 firm.
I want to know wat is the scope of ACCA in Canada or New Zealand.

Most of pakistani accountants move to middle east after qualification,but I intend to go to a countries such as Canada or New Zealand.The main reason is the fact that they would give me residence status after some years.

However,I am not sure wat r the job prospects in those countries.

For Example in Canada,ACCA memebers can get CGA membership but is it possible to get a job easily after words?

All replies wud be much appreciated
Dear

With CGA, ACCA, and Big 4 experience you should have good chances to secure a professional job in relatively less time. Be considerate that Canada's job market is quite different and difficult. Getting a job also depends upon your own personality, oral communication skills and efforts.

Generally speaking, employers do not know much about ACCA, however, they know and prefer Canadian designations. ACCA provides a quick way to achieve CGA through MRA, which is a Canadian designation and gives much boost to trust of Canadian employers. But at the same time employers specifically ask for "Canadian work experience", which a new immigrant lacks. So it becomes difficult to get a good job ASAP.

However, after some initial difficulties, qualified and experienced professionals with marketable skills find reasonable and relevant jobs. Thereafter, journey to progress continues.

Regards
Thanks for your reply Torontobay

I have been living in London for two years and I understand your point that in order to get into Big Companies u need local experience.However,in the begging I m not dat concerned abt the name but the fact that I have to work in McDonalds rather then a small firm/company.

Moreover,which city in Canada do u think have got the most accounting jobs?(Karachi is for Pakistan,London is for UK)
Hi

If you have British professional experience, that would be a big added point for Canadian employers.

I think, you would be OK. You already know that everyone faces difficulties in initial period in these countries. But you have enough education and experience to tackle these difficulties. Your British experience would help you much.

Toronto and Vancouver have traditionally been the biggest magnets, however, many professionals are finding their destiny in Calgary and Admonton too these days. Montreal is out of consideration if you don't know French. Following job site may help you for further insight;

http//www.workopolis.com/work.aspx?action=Transfer&View=Content/Common/WorkLoginView&lang=EN&theme=work

Regards
Wat about Scop of ACCA in Australia & East Asia?